“Nothing Indian about this place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tandoori Nights
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
London
“Nothing Indian about this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is the most disgusting 'Indian' restaurant I have ever been in. There is nothing Indian about it. It wasn't my choice of venue and I was braced for British Curry rather than genuine Indian food. The menu lived up to my expectations, offering Baltis and Tikka Masala. However, that kind of cuisine can still be tasty. I (foolishly) decided that Veg Biryani would be a safe bet. OH NO. It was flavourless and the usual ingredients had been replaced by large, soggy brussels sprouts. Totally inedible.
The following day, the rest of the party I was with admitted that they hadn't enjoyed their meals either and wouldn't return.
The service was erratic and fairly brusque and the decor is depressing. There must be SO many nicer places to eat in York.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KLondonK

Lancashire
“Delicious Indian dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have the tastecard and the application and We decided to give Tandoori night a try. We had passed it a couple of times walking to town from our hotel and the menu looked very nice.

We went on a Wednesday night at 9pm and it was rather busy for a week day night. We were greeted and quickly sat at a table near the back of the restaurant.

The waiter asked if we wanted poppadoms, we asked for three and they were brought over with four dips, two being, Chutney and cucumber Raitha.

We chose the Onion Bhaji and the mixed kebab for starters and for the main meal we chose the Special Vegetarian dinner and the hot tandoori Chicken massala with rice and a garlic naan.

We also ordered two ciders.

The meal was brilliant, I honestly cant complain about anything because we cleared our plates.

The restaurant accepts the taste card and it ended up being 2 for 1 on all dishes

Bargain for a great meal.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Pinuprobot
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Came across this Indian by chance as it was close to our Guest house on a rather cold night. Very friendly & attentive staff without being in your face. Food very good - Can certainly recommend the Chicken Tikka Masalla. Portions appeared small on arrival but just right on eating.

1 Thank aberdeenfan438
derby
“Top notch as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

First rate food and service as usual, probably the best curry in York.

1 Thank tyreeh
London, United Kingdom
“Totally average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

The restaurant is spread through 3 rooms and was virtually empty while we were there. The ambience was OK. I had a king prawn pathia on puree which was presented with the curry to one side of the plate and the puree wrapped on the other. Unfortunately the prawns were small and obviously frozen ( chewy and tasteless), and the sauce didn't resemble a pathia. One of my tests on an Indian restaurant is the thali ifit's on the menu, so I had the meat and my wife had the chicken. Mine consisted of 4 meat dishes. One was apparently a pasanda but was sickly sweet and full of coconut. The remaining 3 small pots had very similar tasting curries and could have easily been the same dish. I was surprised not to have a dry meat dish, either tandoori or tikka. A small portion of rice was in the centre. My wife's was identical but with chicken. Rubbish.

Visited March 2012