“Very Peaceful”
Review of thida thai cuisine

thida thai cuisine
Ranked #569 of 881 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Thida Thai Cuisine is one of the best Thai restaurants in the North of England. Thida Thai Cuisine was established in York in 2004 and is located on George Hudson Street, in close proximity to the town centre. The aim is to provide excellent authentic Thai food, in a traditional and warm atmosphere. We pride ourselves on giving customers a fantastic service and would love to welcome you to our restaurant.
Geordie Land
“Very Peaceful”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

another lovely place I have been taken to by my boyfriend DLT...this is a beautiful little place, lovely décor and a peaceful atmosphere...the young man and woman serving were very polite and friendly without being intrusive...the music did nothing for the atmosphere I must admit, I would have liked to have heard authentic thai music...the food was delicious and far too much for one person in my opinion, I had a chicken satay starter which was delicious and one of our favourites, a sizzling chicken and a coconut rice for main with banana fritter for dessert...DLT had a yellow curry which I am afraid he did not like at all...but the young man did ask why and asked our opinion of the rice and the dishes we had. I would go back for the satay alone but I am afraid DLT has been put right off Thai food.

• Visited August 2013

Crewe
“Very good Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited here because the other Thai, The Art of Siam had no tables free. Warm welcome on arrival and the service was very good throughout the evening. The food was first class and it was a most enjoyable evening. There were very few other diners which was a shame as the restaurant deserves much better support.

• Visited August 2013
Castleford, United Kingdom
“You converted him!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

On a night out in York I called in here with a friend. He had never had Thai food, so was a little worried as to what he was letting himself in for, I cannot think why he didn't trust me!

We enjoy the good old peanut satay, followed by a couple of mains with rice (and a few Shinga beers of course).

The stater was superb, and had my victim hooked straight away, whilst the main's just blew his mind. The service was excellent, as was the food, however I would say that the portion size wasn't the best, price was good.

As York has so many great restaurants then I probably won't be going again, but I certainly wouldn't be against the idea.

• Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not that great”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a works Xmas do here, only 8 of us yet long pauses between the whole table having their meals & it wasn't amazing I have to say. Quite small portions for the price & left feeling a little hungry after Savin myself from lunch time!

Visited December 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Pad Thai since Bangkok”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

With Thai restaurants you come to expect a high level of service and Thida certainly did not disappoint. The service was extremely attentive from all members of staff and this made it a fantastic experience. The food was great, we ordered a pad thai and massaman. The pad thai was as close to pad thai in a proper thai market as I have tasted. The massaman was quite sweet, but with a little chilli added it was fantastic and the beef was beautifully tender. My one disappointment was the fact a service charge was already added to the bill, I would much prefer to decide on my own tip. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited July 2013