“Exceeded my expectations”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

As it was a quiet night, the service was swift and the waiters were very patient when we were taking quite a while to choose what we wanted from a fantastic range of meals, I would definitely go back to try out others. I had the linguine with sea bass, the fish was so tender (perfect) and the portion was a good size for me to cope with, brilliant balance of flavours too. The house rose wine was a beautiful accompaniment to the meal and the chocolate torte with strawberry was surprisingly light, so was a good end to the night. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine dining!

Wales UK
“Fantastic food!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Party of 4 arrived here at about 8.15 on a Saturday night with no reservation!!! Two hen parties having food and the place was buzzing. Staff informed us that we would have to wait about 30 mins so we had a drink to wait. We stood by the bar and even though the staff were very busy, they chatted to us when they could and made us feel welcome.A table was soon found for us and boy was the food worth waiting for. Absolutely delicious. So delicious that we booked a table for the following night. Staff attentive, welcoming and friendly. Food to die for!! Will certainly visit when in York again. Highly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found this restaurant by chance when in York for the weekend, they have a fabulous 'early bird' menu which has a lot of choice and is an absolute bargain price wise. We had a lovely bottle of wine, fantastic food and were extremely impressed overall. We would definitely go back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ochthenoodle
Preston Lancashire
“Expect the waiter to chase you down the street if you don't leave a tip!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This 'restaurant' did have availible tables without prior booking, in hindsight this spoke volumes as it was the only place not fully booked! Food average- service extremely poor. Waitress came to set the table without speaking and proceeded to slam cutlery & glasses onto the table with no regard for the customer. Left cash on the table to cover the bill and exercised our right not to leave a tip as we had not recieved a service worth tipping! Minutes later we heard shouts of " come back" from the waiter who proceeded to tell us there was a problem with the bill but refused to elaborate ushering us back into the place whilst others diners looked on! Very embarrassing to say the least. They continued to tell us we were £10 short and we quickly paid this amount to get out of the place. Very quickly realising we had overpaid by £10 we returned to the "restaurant" where a refund was given amongst sarcastic remarks from the faulty towers waiter for not leaving a tip! Needless to say we will not be returning to this "restaurant" and I would certainly not recommend.

York, United Kingdom
“Nice staff but very average food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Firstly I have to say the staff individually were good however overall, there was a lack of coordination with no front of house or assigned waiter for a group of tables.

The sirloin steak and seafood linguine were ok however I am left feeling this is more of a tourist establishment that doesn't rely on repeat business.

The chocolate dessert was ok but for £6 I would expect home made not Food Service wholesale. As for the banana pie, which I had to send back, I can only assume this was an experiment.

Nice place and staff with so much opportunity for improvement, it just won't be at my cost.

Please Mr Manager, you can do so much better than this.

1 Thank Mrrocky1979