$233
$141
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$59
Hotels.com
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
$111
$144
Official Site
1,608 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerroll top bathcigar shackmezzanine roomlovely hotelstandard roomnespresso machinefree standing bathmini barbooked a superior roomunderfloor heatingboutique hotelmain buildingcar parkwalk in showercity centreper night
Reviewed April 5, 2014

UnBELEIVABLE!
we stayed here for 2 nights for a mini honeymoon; midweek so it was fairly quiet but not dead.
Staff were extremely polite without being irritatingly so, and were very efficient. We upgraded to the veuve cliquot suite which is ENORMOUS; double shower, rolltop bath, giant tv and sofa.
breakfast was super, a lot of it very, very rich though so choose carefully. Can't comment on the bar, as we didn't use it but the indoor courtyard was very impressive.
Highly recommend for that special occasion.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard C, General Manager at Hotel du Vin York, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your feedback about your visit to Hotel du Vin York.

We strive to deliver consistently great service in our beautiful hotel and city, so we are very glad we achieved this for your stay.

We very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you both back in the future, if I can be of any personal assistant either now or in the future then please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I returned to the hotel du vin York for my fifth or sixth visit last month and yet again they delivered perfectly. We were in the Dom Perigion suite which was absolutely stunning. Great service from the staff, and great knowledge of wine. Dinner is the restaurant was great. The breakfast here is probably the best I have experienced in a hotel ever, such a great choice and all brilliant locally sourced products. I can't wait to return again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday and was lucky enough to be upgraded to the penfolds suite. Biggest room ever. ..I loved all the period features as I am a history buff...The curtains were blackout and the bed was so comfy so had a great night sleep. We were at the back of the house and had original sash windows and yet it was still quite. Breakfast was nice although a tad pricey. Overall a great stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Now like everyone who books and goes away regularly, I consider myself an expert and pride my ability to pick fault and get a discount,
So, having booked on line for the wife's birthday, she chose Hotel Du Vin York.
We arrived at the hotel after lunch we could park easily, receptionist was friendly and efficient and the room was even ready early, not a great start, this could be expensive.
The room was large, spotless and well equipped with a huge bed, walk in shower and a big bath, no fault again, hmmm. Ah ha, over looking the front was bound to be noisy but the secondary glazing meant I was going to get a decent night sleep, not complaint here, damn.
Dinner booked for 8pm, headed down to the bar at 7pm. Mojito's please! And like a scene from cocktail the drinks were whipped up with a genuine charm and efficiency and had my wife grinning from ear to ear, seriously impressive and I'm glad I packed my credit card.
Dinner too was just too damn good, three courses, all amazing, nicely spaced. Even when the wife popped to the bathroom the young waiter came over to talk to me about my day just in case I got lonely, I thought the youth of today were supposed to be rude??
So feeling full and rather content, we ambled upstairs to the huge bed and had a fantastic nights sleep,
Despite the three courses, I was intent on feeding again. Who eats steak and eggs for breakfast? I did and would do again, every day if I could.
So, knowing I had to spend a small fortune and couldn't pick fault on anything left me feeling inadequate, surely the hotel cannot be this good and surely they have a weakness.
Back to the room and packing to go, the wife smiling and not wanting to leave she asked me to check that we haven't forgotten to pack anything - then I noticed it, under the bed, the BIG BROWN FURRY RAT - ah ha, this must be worth a 50% discount and a free stay at another hotel anywhere in the world, oh wait, its was the wife's ugg boot. Time to pay up!
Book it and enjoy it, probably the best night away I can remember - thank you Hotel Du Vin, York.

Room Tip: The more you pay the better room, upgrade yourself!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DomD1000

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here for my wifes birthday, with having a small dog our choices of hotels are somewhat limited, we were made extremely welcome and they even provided a dog bed and feeding bowls in the room.The staff were extremely attentive and nothing was to much trouble.
It was a bit more expensive than we usually pay but the hotel has class and distinction.The dog was also allowed in the bar area. It is also only a short walk to the centre of york,One point on the downside there is £10 charge for parking your car there.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a superior suite without any cost and it was amazing,cant comment on the other rooms as we didnt see them.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple