“Excellent takeaway deliverred” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garden of India

Garden of India
Ranked #194 of 850 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent takeaway deliverred”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were staying in York, babysitting, for the night and decided to have an Indian takeaway deliverred. It came all as orderred and on time. The food was hot, tasty and of good portions. There was a good choice for the vegetarians. The meal for two, stater main meal pickles and nan bread was only £18:00. I think next time we are in York it would be nice to try the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

York, United Kingdom
“excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went here on a saturday night and what can i say the staff are so friendly the food is just excellent the pickle tray is just the best ive had when we had the main i had the chicken tikka that was very nice and my husband who is not a fan of indian food had a steak and chips which they never fail to cook for him we have been around 10 times over the years and every time the steak is cook just right .

• Visited September 2013
North Ferriby, United Kingdom
“God value Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good curry house just outside the walls. My dish of preference is chicken tikka jalfrezi. You get what you pay for which is a very decent curry. The Phoenix is nearby if you want a decent pint in a nice traditional English pub.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and popped in here because it was near to the hotel where we were staying. We ordered the usual poppadoms with pickle tray and also a King Prawn Korma and Special Byriani. Now, I find that a simple pickle tray can either be very tasty and generous or some places seem to find that they can fob you off with meagre amounts and tacky flavours. Luckily, this restaurant is of the former quality. There is a choice of four dips all of which are very nice.
Next up were the mains which were also of a very high quality and, above all, fresh ingredients, freshly made. The Korma was chock full of king prawns which was also a nice surprise and just sweet and creamy enough. The Biriyani was also full of meat and prawns and came with a really nice vegetable curry which, to my experience, is normally a cheap pot of gravy lashed on to the meal. I never add the curry to the meal as a traditional Biriyani is supposed to be dry but I did dip my keema naan into this lovely broth!
Again, in lesser Indian restaurants, I find that the Keema naan has very little meat in it but this naan was full to the edges. The food here ticked all the boxes for me and I can't recommend the restaurant highly enough.

Visited August 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We found this place whilst staying in York and looking for an Indian takeaway so decided to eat in instead. Service was wonderful and food was brilliant. I would definitely visit again if I was ever in the area.

• Visited April 2013