“New restaurant ”
Review of Georgina's Cafe - CLOSED

Georgina's Cafe
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Georgina's Cafe is one of York's newest and smartest tea and coffee houses. Modelled on the liner-society cafes of the 1920s and 30s Georgina's offers breakfasts, snacks, lunches and afternoon teas as well as great tea and coffee. Our cakes are becoming some of the most sought-after in the north and we also offer a range of beers and wines.
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Just walked past were georginas used to be now Mr p's curiosity tavern very busy. Couldn't get in but will visit another time

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed April 11, 2016

We were looking for somewhere to have brunch while on holiday in York. We liked the menu as there were good vegetarian options too. Initially the cafe looked full but we were taken upstairs which was empty and received excellent service from the staff all the way through.
The salmon bagel was absolutely amazing and very good value for money! It came with a delicious fresh salad.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed February 15, 2016

The afternoon tea itself was very good, a good selection of sandwiches and cakes and presented really well. It was however very busy when we visited and a large hen-do was overtaking the whole of the upstairs, however when asking to be moved we were given a table downstairs in a quieter part of the cafe. Helpful service and lovely afternoon tea - a little pricey though.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Olivia G
Reviewed December 20, 2015

I love this place and visited it on Thursday. I was shocked when I found its closed for refurbishment and very disappointed. They could have put something on the net about it not being open.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank jemimapuddleduck_10
Reviewed November 23, 2015

I didn't give this place a good review when I visited some time ago but called in again today for a snack . The tomatoe & basil soup I had today was excellant - not acidic as it can be sometimes but full of flavor & I could taste the fresh basil . It was served with two small bread buns , ample butter & even a wedge of cheese . I really enjoyed it & will be back

Date of visit: November 2015