“Good value, tasty food.”

Caesar's Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 858 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
aberdeen
“Good value, tasty food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had the early bird menu £10.95 for main, salad, drink and coffee, and kids meal for main £4.95. Staff friendly and accommodating. Food tasty enough. We didn't book but managed to get a table at around 5pm, but it wasn't the best place to sit being at the entrance to the restaurant and to the kitchen. If we were to go back I'd make sure we sat somewhere else.

Visited November 2013

“Ignore the bad reviews, best meal out I've had in years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We were wandering around York seeing what we fancied and ended up in here because it was the only place that was busy on a Monday night - the sign of a good restaurant! We were quickly seated at the last available table, and were left to look at the drinks menu and nibble on free bread and butter. A waiter promptly took our drinks orders and left us to look at the menu. I'm extremely fussy, but there were at least 5 things that I couldn't choose between! In the end I went for roasted lamb and fries, and my partner had the chicken piccante. The restaurant was full, so we waited about 20-30 minutes for our food, but the atmosphere was excellent and we didn't notice the wait at all. We could see the chef busy working away with a smile on his face whilst three or four waiters were busy doing a great job, all laughing and smiling and making everyone feel welcome. It was full but it didn't seem like we were a burden at all to the staff! When the food came I was genuinely amazed, the food portions were huge and looked fantastic - they tasted even better. The lamb was cooked perfectly and had the most amazing thick mint gravy covering the plate. The chicken also had lots of sauce and even the vegetables were nicely cooked. We spent nearly three hours in the restaurant, talking to a couple on the next table long after we'd finished eating, and even the waiters were joining in the conversation and were laughing and joking with us. At no point did we feel rushed to leave, and were quite sad to in the end. We paid the bill, which was £30 for two mains, two beers, and two cokes! Bargain for amazing food and a great evening, I'll be heading back once a week for their buy one get one free on a Tuesday night! Genuinely loved it.

• Visited November 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Out in york for a few days,went to caesars restaurant on Goodram gate,,The food was great , the staff were friendly most enjoyable meal.

• Visited November 2013
Malaga, Spain
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate there twice on consecutive days. Firstly my other half took me for my birthday & we had a fantastic meal, great service and very good price. We booked a table for the following evening ( saturday ) as we were with friends & family who were running in the Yorkshire Marathon & wanted pasta. Again it did not disappoint. When we next go to York it will be the first restaurant on my list.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent York Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ate here on Saturday night, on a short break in York with two friends. It was a good job we'd booked as the place was extremely busy - sign of a good restaurant!

Can't recommend this place enough. Service was excellent and food was delicious. We got through 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio, a starter each and a lovely (and hugely filling) pasta dish each and the bill only came to £85! I would definitely visit Caesars again the next time I'm in York

• Visited October 2013