“Eatable but Not Exceptional”

Caesars Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Caesars Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 882 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caesars Italian Restaurant Phenomenal View. Impeccable service. A memorable experience. Nestled in the heart of the vibrant, world-class destination York - almost in the shadows of York Minster - we are a fun and friendly gathering place for locals and tourists. You will savor the rich flavors of authentic, perfectly prepared cuisine from Italy. All of our dishes are homemade and we only use the freshest, best quality ingredients. Our selections include traditional Italian pizzas, pastas, risottos, fish and meat specialties and wide range of great Italian wines. Our desserts are made from scratch and include favorites such as tiramisu, Italian gelatos. We have a full liquor bar with a wide selection Italian liquors and great cocktails. So whether you're looking for a quick bowl of pasta from our Lunch special menu or enjoying dinner, our restaurant has something for everyone. If you are looking for a great Italian dining experience in a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere we will be more than happy to host you in our restaurant with excellent service. Ideally located in the heart of the historic city of York, and offering the very best Italian dishes and pizza with a fully licensed bar Caesars York is an ideal choice for couples and families alike, whether enjoying a day of shopping or an evening out.
York, United Kingdom
“Eatable but Not Exceptional”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went to dinner with my dad here a while ago and ordered a simple Mozzarella pizza. Simplicity doesn't have to mean bland and, though it was a big pizza (so I got bang for my buck), it wasn't quality.

Still searching for a great Italian in York...

• Visited June 2012

York
“Nice but nothing special...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We went as a party of five to celebrate three birthdays - the food was good but nothing special -the big problem was the service.We found that we were actively looking for someone to ask at every point of the evening....we were not asked if we would like more drinks and were snapped at by the young waitress when we said we needed separate bills (which we did say right at the beginning) York has many Italian restaurants -considerably better than this one.Call me old fashioned but I do like the staff to match the cuisine..we didn't have any Italian staff.

Visited May 2013
Cowes, United Kingdom
“Had better Italian food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Looked like a very inviting italian restaurant, wasn't too busy and we were sat in the window (presumably to make it look busy...good tactic!) they had a offer on where you got a starter free with every starter purchased (only on certain nights but as we were there on a Sunday this offer applied to us) - as there were four of us this seemed a good deal! The waiter was very friendly and made our experience all the more better for this. The food was average I would say, the starters were rather too large - the size of a main really- and despite the offer we felt that we had really just been encouraged to spend more money and it made the main courses less enjoyable as we had filled up on the starters, rather annoying really. I had a pizza for my main and it certainly wasn't one of the best I have even had, I even left the crust and I never do that!

York England UK
“Good value with offers”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Service is ok as is the food. They need upscale the food it's ok but could be better.............................

York, United Kingdom
“Long term patrons getting disappointed with the trend !”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We are long term patrons of Caesars and have visited countless times over the past 20 or so years for most family and friends get to-gethers I must be honest and say the last two visits ( the last being last night Friday 13/4/13 for my daughters birthday ) we were as a family both glad we still get the same excellent food as we always have but the service - oh dear - it can only be said that things are definitely slipping !
We like this restaurant so much for the food and the situation - opposite York Minster that on our last visit a few weeks ago we were prepared to put the lack of service down to a one off, unfortunately this time I won't - as a restaurant you have a right to know what is wrong in order to correct things and as a lover of your fantastic food I don't want to see things slide further.
The problem is that once your order has been taken and initial drinks set up apart from bringing the food and serving it - which is all done without a hitch - after that you are forgotten about.
We do not want fawning over like some awkward guest at Fawlty Towers but it would at least be nice to be asked at some point if everything was to your liking, are there any problems and would you like any more drinks.
Please don't misunderstand me as outlined twice the food is excellent but it would be pleasant to be made a little more fuss of rather than treated a little bit like canteen users.
I would be grateful if any readers of this have had a similar experience - I hope the management
take notice and if necessary would like to reply to me directly - I would welcome that.
I have noted above we as a family really rate this restaurant but it is going to start and loose its appeal if it does not pick up on these points and we will become ex-patrons.