“I look forward to my York visits just for the Akash!”
Review of Akash Tandoori - CLOSED

Akash Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2012

As part of my portfolio of roles I need to visit York between 2 and 4 times a year. The hotel that is booked for me is the Park Inn which is right next door to the best little curry house around.

My hubby and I first visited the Akash on a cold wet November evening after arriving in York late just because it was close to the hotel - we keep going back because it's soooooo good.

Although the style of the restaurant decor I would say is somewhat dated or at best quirky it is clean, tidy and the staff are very good - attentive without being overbearing. This is a small place so big parties usually need to book or wait but the wait is worth it.

The food is well cooked and presented and very good value. Hubby usually has the same dish every time we go but I like to 'mix it up a bit' and everything I've had has been great.

On my last visit I was surprised to find that the restaurant was not as busy as on previous times - I do hope that it is still there for my next visit as I really look forward to eating here - even more than my usual afternoon tea visit to Betty's!

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

the service, the atmosphrre, the food etc were brilliant never been to a restaurant like this. very good quality

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tried the Akash after passing it a few times, & always seeing it reasonably full. Was not disappointed by the food or value, both were excellent. Comfortable restaurant, decent decor. Most of the staff were very friendly, although one, possibly the Boss, seemed to have a resigned 'it's Saturday night, & I've seen it all before' attitude. Still, wouldn't put me off returning, he'd probably just had a bad day.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food was pretty average, not bad but not brilliant either. We were a party of about 10 and the service was quick but the attitude of the waiters was a bit brusque (we arent a bunch of louts btw!) they seemed to be busy without the restaurant being actually busy!!
Anyway, it did the job which is all I can say really.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at the Park INN in North Street. Enjoy good Indian food. This tandoori was no exception. The food was very good, tasty with large portions, could not fault. Could recommend and will be back next time. The restaurant is small but was very busy. Would recommend to book in advance as numeous potential diners were turned away.