TripAdvisor

“very tasty”

Sapphire Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #804 of 1,072 Restaurants in York
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was very fast and the food very tasty. I ordered a chicken chow mien, I enjoyed it very much. I use this takeaway whenever I stay in York.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Ordered a chicken curry with fried rice and a Beef in ok sauce with chips, the fried rice had a strange taste as if it had been cooked a week ago and the chicken tasted funny also my son had the beef in OK sauce we both only ate 3 or 4 mouthfuls and left the rest can't explain the taste of both meals but certainly not edible, within an hour of eating we were both very ill, I didn't realise I was ordering from Sapphire as I have always used the Ruby app who were on Gillygate, York now realise Sapphire chinese have a Zero food hygiene rating!!

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank jonathan R
Reviewed May 22, 2019

After recently trying this place, it has gone to the top of our families list for Chinese Takeaway. the food is always superb and very tasty and the delivery has always been very good, normally arrives within 40 minutes of the order. I did miss the free prawn crackers on my last order, but that wont stop me ordering again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Great take away and very tasty food the chicken chow mein was very good. Service was quick on a busy Friday night.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Stodgy sweet and sour chicken balls that were mostly batter.

Burnt foo yung. Burnt soft noodles.

No-one could finish their meal, truly appalling.

Date of visit: August 2018