“best place of our trip”

Delrio's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 955 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delrio's Restaurant offers home-cooked Italian food with a strong Sardinian influence in a lively environment. Enjoy candle-lit dining in this atmospheric cellar restaurant located adjacent to the historic Micklegate Bar and just a few minutes walk from York railway station.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

During a nine day trip to England this place offered one of the best meals of the trip. I had a good three course meal with wine and thought everything was good but as always there's room for improvement. The carpaccio was really good but in the main course the shelfish was a tiny bit too cooked. Loved the atmosphere and we had really good service but be aware it can get quite noisy in there!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited York and found the reviews for this Italian to be great so thought we would give it a go. We went on a Friday night and did not book. They seated us in the bar where we waited with drinks for a table that tool just 20 mins. The food was amazing and really reasonable in price. The restaurant is very cosy and you are sat close to other diners but we were ok with this and you still had your own space and able to have your own conversation. I would recommend this restaurant for its brilliant tasty food.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My rare steak was served with a slab of fridge cold butter on top. As I removed it the table waiter asked if anything was wrong and I explained that the butter should have been melted onto the steak - especially a rare steak that had been duly rested before serving. Within seconds the head waitress came over and firmly stated that this was how it should be served and the butter would melt whilst on top of the steak. I replied that the steak was rare, the butter was added straight from the fridge and would not 'melt' into the steak. She promptly stormed off to have the butter melted and commented rather loudly that " the butter has been melting for 22 years!". I found this rather rude, unnecessary and it took the edge of our evening. I shall not be dining here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Well worth the unappealing entrance down a narrow passage and small staircase at the end of which you find a cavernous restaurant. We four arrived on a Saturday night without a booking. During our short wait we were accommodated at the bar. When we did get to our table we were presented with a varied menu and all the dishes sounded desirable.

We were all happy with our choice and there was no argument with the house red wine. All in all a great meal and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The food was fabulous. The ambience was amazing. The service was brilliant. Wonderful. Superb. Brilliant. You must try it.