“Masons is the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Masons Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Masons Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Masons is the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great food, great prices, great service - best eatery in York! The decor and ambience is outstanding!!!

• Visited September 2013

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Crazy Good Bistro. BOOM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Visited this little golden nugget of a bistro on a weekend trip to York and couldn't have been more impressed. Top nosh, drinks like liquid velvet and I even happened to meet Pato Banton. Really nice feller ,he was more than happy to record his part in UB40's 'Baby Come Back' onto my phone so that I could use it as my ringtone. Clean toilets.

Madrid, Spain
“very good service, great decor, a pleasant ambience and nice food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

very good service, great decor, a pleasant ambience and nice food! I had the meze which would be great to share with friends and my friend had the chicken skewers. we were both very satisfied and believe the price was very decent.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Rain stop,found a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Only went in here as it started raining but what a little gem,friendly grown up atmosphere,lovely food and good range of drinks. Plus it was the waitress in here that recommended the khao San road Thai restaurant which I've also reviewed.spot on

Visited November 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Relaxed atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Found Masons on tripadvisor when looking for somewhere to eat on a recent weekend in York.
Rang ahead to book a table and although they don't take bookings for evenings because we wanted a table for about 5 o'clock they were happy to oblige. When we arrived all the tables were taken and I thought they hadn't remembered our booking , but the waitress showed us to a table at the back of the room which had been reserved for us. She quickly brought the menus and took our drinks order. There is a lovely informal atmosphere in Masons and the staff are friendly and attentive. Not a huge menu but the food is fresh and tasty. We had bruschetta and olives to start. Brushetta with lots of fresh tomato and herbs and a big dish of olives.I chose the lamb and mint burger which came in ciabatta and lots of fat chips delicious. My husband had the chilli burger again accompanied with chips. The food was delicious and I highly recommend a visit!