“Wedding Celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxo's Restaurant

Oxo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oxo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 850 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Housed within the Mount Royale. Overlooking the English gardens is OXO'S on the Mount. Serving the best locally sourced ingredients cooked with Passion and Pride. York Where the streets are Gates The Gates are BarsAnd the Bars are Pubs
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We recently held our wedding reception at Oxo's on the Mount and we couldn't have wished for better food and service for ourselves and our 30 guests. We wanted a 'small and intimate' wedding celebration and Oxo's delivered the perfect package. We chose prosecco and canapes for arrival and a lovely 3 course meal with rump of Nidderdale lamb or chicken with chorizo risotto for mains and both were beautiful, many of our family and friends commented on the lovely food and surroundings of the restaurant. We + some of our guests stayed the night at the hotel, the rooms, breakfast and attention to detail were excellent. The staff were friendly, polite and made us feel so welcome. Thank you for our perfect day!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great venue for a Christmas do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We had our works Xmas do here and were most impressed. Quality of food and service far beyond what I have come to expect at these events.
It was a more expensive venue than others we looked at, but it was well worth the little extra.
The table was also beautifully decorated.
We done to all concerned

York, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Oxo's on the Mount recently hosted our Christmas office party which was a huge success. As well as boasting a fabulous ambience (within the bar, lounge and dining areas), the food and service/attention to detail were excellent. We will definitly book the venue again.
Gary Smith (Director), P B Curran Insurance Brokers

• Visited December 2013
York
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went here with my family last Saturday. They only told me they could visit the day before so I felt very lucky to get a table! We had a slight traffic disaster meaning that I was half an hour late – my family were waiting in the bar area for me looking very looked after with drinks and menus when I finally arrived! The waiting staff were extremely understanding both on the phone when I rang to explain the situation and once I finally got there! They were so accommodating – I was fully expecting to have lost the table! I notice someone grumbling in a review below as they were “told off” for being 10 minutes late. Perhaps have the decency to ring them as I did next time! I had no such issues....

The setting is beautiful. Very classic without being old fashioned. Formal, but not stuffy.

We were welcomed with bread and an amuse bouche, both of which were delicious! We ordered starters and main courses each and all were beautifully presented and very tasty. I almost didn’t want to eat my seabass - it looked like something from masterchef! The attention to detail was very evident and everyone in our party of 4 had nothing but praise for the dishes. The lamb was tasty, the beef bourgingnon was tender and flavoursome. A particular hit was my scallop starter – my Dad got a major case of food envy even though his fishcakes were also delicious!

We skipped on desserts as the portions were ample and we had no room! However my husband joined us once we’d finished eating and again, the staff were very accommodating as they allowed us to finish our drinks in a lovely bar area so he could join us.

I’ve already recommended this place to many others and I only visited 2 evenings ago! I’ll definitely return....

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have dined in many restaurants in York but this has to be the best as the food and service is first class. Very attractive restaurant with good atmosphere , great choice of menu and excellent food. Remember to leave room for the dessert they are "truly amazing".!!!

• Visited October 2013