“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lime House

The Lime House
Ranked #36 of 859 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lime House is a lovely place to eat, meet and be merry. Excellent food & wine & a relaxed and friendly atmosphere are complemented by welcoming staff, soft candlelight & intimate jazz music. The regularly changing menu has a Modern British flavour and all dishes are prepared freshly to order, using local produce. Good Vegetarian choices are available & specialist diets such as Gluten Free or Vegan can be catered for with advance notification. A delightful culinary experience.
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went there to celebrate our anniversary of meeting 11 years previously. Not as formal as I expected, but great menu and my sea bream was sublime. The melon sorbet was a tad disappointing though - it didn't really taste of anything. The staff were fantastic though, and the place was packed with a good ambience.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a family lunch here following our daughter's graduation & it was the perfect venue. Really delicious food on an excellent value lunch deal & we had a lovely meal. Friendly waitresses & excellent service.

Visited July 2014
Aylesbury
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Everything was lovely and a very enjoyable evening. Nice relaxed atmosphere and food was presented very well. Larger portions than we are used to but seems normal for Yorkshire.

Visited July 2014
Wetherby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely meal, lovely staff. Will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I recently ate here as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations and we had a brilliant evening. From the moment we arrived we were given a really warm welcome by our waitress (Jess) and sat in the front part of the restaurant which was really cosy. After an aperitif of a mini-bottle of Prosecco (lovely idea to serve the smaller bottles) we tucked in to our food and what a treat it was.
My starter was a gravadlax of salmon which was stuffed with crab and served with a delicious pickled cucumber salad which really cut through the richness of the fish. I could have eaten it twice (not because it was small but was just so tasty). My husband chose the smoked haddock souffle and was delighted with his selection particularly as served with creamy leeks which he adores. We had a bottle of the house white wine which was both reasonable and really nice. For mains we had the fillet of black bream with a kind of ratatouille which was just my kind of dish and the nicest main meal I have had for a long time whilst my husband had the Yorkshire fillet of beef served with a bacon rosti which he said almost overshadowed the perfectly cooked beef as it was so nice. Despite being busy we were given plenty of time and space by our charming waitress to enjoy our drinks whilst we decided on a dessert. We eventually plumped for sharing one with a couple of coffees and, in the baked custard tart with rhubarb compote, think we chose very well! All in all, we had a lovely special evening with both excellent food and service. We will definitely re-visit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Penny P
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic evening we all had for my Dads 60th birthday. We were a party of 13 and the service was exceptional. I had the fillet steak and it was cooked to perfection. I would
reccomend this wonderful little restaurant to all, and I shall be back in the very near future.

• Visited July 2014