“Waste of time & money.”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Waste of time & money.”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Visited back in June and to be honest waste of time and money. Food was poor, no atmosphere what so ever, the girl serving us was polite and prompt (as prompt as she could be). Won't be returning I'm afraid!

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
Shipston on Stour, England, United Kingdom
“Ok for quick roast lunch - not too pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Quite pleasantly surprised. Thought we'd be ripped off but a good quality lunch for 4 of us. 3 choices of roast and lots of veg to select. Would definitely consider again.

Visited August 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“What a Mistake”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I had the unfortunate experience of having lunch at Russells on July 30th. The indifference of the waitress and manager should have given us a clue that we would have been better off just walking out. There were only two other people in the restaurant at around 1:45 p.m. and we were seated directly next to them. It did not make much sense to us but we could not request to change seats because the waitress did not come back for 15 minutes. My wife ordered a chicken caesar salad, it was delivered about 20 minutes later and she was finished before I even got my meal. The restaurant advertises that they have been in business for like 200 years and it looks appealing from the outside but the service and quality of food is extremely poor. My wife and I joke about Russells being the worse restaurant on our trip and recommend that you walk by to avoid such a bad experience.

• Visited July 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent for vegetarians”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

They have two proper vegetarian options (a nut roast and a wellington). We had the mushrooms, cranberry & brie Wellington with vegetarian gravy. The Wellington was delicious and the buffet format gives you more choice over the roast potatoes and veg (which we really valued).

If you're booking for two ask for one of the alcoves with stain glass windows. These are very romantic and cozy.

Service was warm and friendly.

It's particularly nice to see an upmarket restaurant with a meat focus that never the less doesn't neglect vegetarians.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BarnabyDawson
Derby uk
“Good food”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited Russell's on Saturday 16th August and had a lovely meal, me and the wife had a two course special mine with soup and the wife went with a pudding, my food was both hot and tasty plenty of meat on my plate and it was not over cooked !!! Not sure what some people expect but we were well looked after and when wife's pudding turned up Apple and Rhubarb covered in custard to die for... Keep it up Russell's this is one bloke who will ignore some of the comments below great place..