“Quality”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Quality”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is always a consistent restaurant the food is always first rate and the service is also first class. It is a bit over priced but have never had a bad meal.

midlands
“Beautiful setting... But the service could improve”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went here for a family meal on a Saturday night I booked on the friday and the girl did warn me that she had a table of 20 who would be seating 15 minutes before us. We arrived at 745 which was the booked time and then had to wait 30 minutes before we were seated, which ordinarily would be a bad start but we had been warned, and we weren't in a hurry..... The menu is very good, if you like seafood, with plenty of variety and options. Everything that everyone had was wonderful, I had the garlic and chilli king prawns, which was a perfect starter, and the monkfish risotto which was excellent. My daughter had seafood tagliatelle which was just delish and my son had tuna and pasta. For puds we had sticky toffee pudding which was great. The wine list was also extensive and not too pricey.
The building is wonderful, a lovely big airy spacious place, with a nice little bar area.
It was my first visit to a loch fyne and whilst I've heard mixed reports of my local one, this place is wonderful
My only criticism is the service, which was fairly unfriendly... The waitresses who served us were brisk and functional, who didn't appear too happy and the girl who asked us if our mains were ok, was just rude.... And although I made a point of saying thank you and good night as we left, the chap at the front desk didn't even look up from his screen let alone acknowledge us or thank us for our custom. I got the impression they trade on the brand and not by reputation.
But overall a very enjoyable evening.

Ulverston, England, United Kingdom
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I took my daughter here for her birthday, we had the set menu and the food was adequate rather than good. It was almost empty but the service was still slow, and not terribly friendly. The restaurant was also cold. I would not return but I do know that there are others who would so we could have been unlucky.

• Visited March 2013
Newcastle
“great fish reataurant, really good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

thoroughly enjoyed the food at this restaurant and the wines recommended were excellent. We have eaten here three times and have not been disappointed. If you like a good choice of fish dishes definitely pay a visit

york
“poor food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went out for our friends birthday, very disappointing! Will never set foot over the door again. The staff were very nice and quick, but the food did not live up to the sevice. As always in a fish restaurant l had fish and chips, so bad l could not eat it. l cant see how anyone could get it so wrong, poor cod not cooked terrible batter just not edible. Chips were ok but l guess they were frozen, but l never ear chips, so l ate peas! Had it not been my friends birthday, l would have sent it straight back, but had to suffer in silence.

1 Thank dawn t