“Almost West Coast”

1331 Bar - Restaurant - Cinema - Venue
Reserve with OpenTable
1331 Bar - Restaurant - Cinema - Venue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 874 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: International, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are open from 8am everyday serving home cooked breakfast & hot drinks. You can go the full English, the healthy Granola option or just a simple oven baked croissant. Our main menu is served from 11am till 10pm everyday plus we have a set menu which runs all day too. You can dine alfresco in our sunny (sometimes) walled garden, in the covered courtyard, the ground floor bar, in the first floor dining area or even our Tiffany room which is ideal for private dine for upto 30 people.
London
“Almost West Coast”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

1331 is on 3 floors. There is a swish restaurant at the top and a cinema somewhere. I met my friends in the first floor bar, where they pull a splendid pint of Yorkshire bitter. We ate up on the second floor. It was relaxed environment with plenty of space and they had a two or three course deal that matched our pockets. The waitresses had a sense of humour. My cod and chips order was pronounced a wonderful choice. It was like being on the West Coast until the landlady agreed that the bangers and mash was a terrible selection. It was all great and we will return many times.

• Greek first
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Good but could be great”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a morning shopping in York we found ourselves upstairs in bar 1331 for lunch. Having been before (although a while back) we thought we knew what we were getting. Wrong. The main gripe I have about this place is time, everything seems to take so long. Now I know it's not a fast food place but surely things could be speeded up? We were shown to a table and the waitress (who was LOVELY by the way) said she would come back with our drinks. They were only two soft drinks but it seemed to take about 10 minutes to get them! Why in heavens knows as the upstairs bar was about 3m away! We ordered our food and tried our best to relax and have a nice chat but it is kind of awkward in a totally EMPTY resturant. We only ordered andwiches, one cold and one hot, but again these took well over half an hour to appear. For a proper main course I wouldn't have been overly fussed but for sarnies when there was no one else in at the time of ordering?! Whilst we were waiting another couple and a family did come in which made the atmosphere a bit better although we did notice that the couple who were in way before the family and ordered before got their meals LAST and their drinks order was messed up also. Our meals were nice if not a bit too salted. My other half had the ham sandwich with chips and the ham was lovely and the bloomer bread fresh. There was a mountain of chips though, perhaps a few too many. My open chicken, bacon and cheese was massive, like really massive.The menu stipulated a butterflied chicken breast however I'm sure it was two chicken breasts!! It was nice but again too much, the sandwich in itself but there was also a pile of salad and half a plate of chips. I can't grumble on value for money really but it would (in my opinion) have been better with a shorter wait time and less food piled on the plates. As I said, the waitress who served us was lovely but the place itself is letting it down. It's a really quirky cool venue which should be packing the masses of lunchtime revellers in but it's not.

1 Thank ruthielicious85
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“York Dining 1331”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you are thinking of travelling to york over Christmas Holiday period you will find it difficult to just show up for a meal. I would advise a booking at the 1331 before you go. This is a small quality restaurant over three floors. It has a quality menu and a very individual but excellent wine list. The staff are very polite and have genuine knowledge of the wines on offer. It is a gem of a restaurant
just off the main drag. well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
York, England, United Kingdom
“Great service, not bad food, lovely atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a work reunion type thing.

Didn't need to book (great when your as indecisive as us lot)

The staff were great, I couldn't praise them more, they attended to every need we had (well, so to speak)

The food was ok, with a large group it's difficult to remember what everyone said.

The location is lovely, a nice setting.

Would we go back? I have no doubts that we would go back.

Visited July 2013
Bury, England
“Interesting venue with lots of character”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was acceptable,if nothing special, but we loved the quirky venue, spread out over several floors, and including a tiny cinema! Would come again, perhaps to enjoy a film!