Fourposter Lodge
$134
$115
$174
  • Restaurant
Novotel York Centre(York)(Great Value!)
$122
$110
Novotel
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$89
$127
$114
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour posterb bcity centrebreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastpleasant roomstay there againplenty of storage spacebigger roomthank you for a lovelysecure car parkoff street parkingpubs and restaurantspleasant staymain roadlong weekendvisit york
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I am regular visitor to the Four Poster on trips to work at the University.

The house is a rather grand building with high ceilings and wonderful turn of the previous century features.

The rooms have a lovely character and are spacious. Beds are comfy, there is a tv in each room and free wifi.

The bathrooms are snug but do the job very well and I much prefer the extra space in the rooms.

Breakfast is delicious (poached eggs are done brilliantly) and served with a smile.

I would heartily recommend the Four Poster for anyone looking for something different and memorable with warm and friendly service.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AlexA101
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked room 2 for a 1 night stay for my wife and myself. I thought fourposter would be ideal romantic room.How disappointed were we.The place was filthy,the curtains on the bed were dirty white,there was dust on top of the bed, and you could write your name on the top of the wqardrobe. The washbasin and shower were also in the same room, and the toilet was like a cupboard. The décor appeared to be painted lining paper and the sofa in the lounge has seen better days. What was advertised as a hearty breakfast was ok if you only eat small meals, and certainly didn,t hit the spot.Everything about this place is dated,our tv must have ben 10 yrs old at least.Glad I only booked the one night, as I certainly wouldn,t stay here again.

Room Tip: Don,t bother and look elsewhere.
11  Thank Arthur W
fourposter1, Manager at Fourposter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I am sorry your expectations were not met at the Fourposter Lodge. It has unset me a great deal as I do strive to make everyones stay as enjoyable as possible as stated in many other reviews.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is just nice B&B value for money, very warm welcome rooms are clean need a bit up dateing, The parking lets it down not much of it we stayed in room 7 very nosiey because its right next to front door so you heard everybody coming and going. has another person put on its very student oriented in this area. but York its self was amazing people are very friendly

Room Tip: higher floor maybe quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
fourposter1, Owner at Fourposter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
It was very nice to meet you and you will be pleased to know work starts next month on the Fourposter update. Unfortunately there is not much I can do about the parking as space is limited.
I'm Glad you enjoyed York we are very proud of our city.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked room 8 (family room) for myself and my wife and two young sons to celebrate my 40th birthday, we did not want anything too 'flash', just somewhere to sleep and serve us breakfast! The photos do not do the rooms justice as they are not penthouse size but sufficient for a family without being too pokey! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the helpful and friendliness of the staff towards myself but particularly to my children was excellent - they were not 'brushed off' but spoken to very well. We would certainly recommend this B&B to anyone wishing to stay in York but not wanting the noise from the city centre (15 minute walk away).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked a night at Fourposter Lodge for a night, we were greeted by a very friendly owner Shirley, the room was excellent a very comfy four poster bed which is just what we needed after a very long day getting my niece into York hospital for an overnight stay, very clean, on going down to breakfast we were greeted by Shirley and her friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was very good a choice of fruit juice, then a choice of cereal, then a full English breakfast, there were alternatives if you wanted, toast and jams and marmalade, after a very tasty and very filling breakfast we vacated are room handed our keys in and Shirley was very willing to talk, nothing was to much trouble, we will definitely stay there again.