“Game on!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Game on!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I came to one of the special themed events in November and was really blown away - wood pigeon, venison and pheasant, complemented by sauces which really enhanced the flavours. The ambience is perfect for easy conversation and all our guests had personal attention from the staff. I would recommend Ashfields, and especially their themed taster evenings, to everyone.

• Visited November 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to a wine-tasting evening here with some friends. Ashfields is a training restaurant for budding chefs so I wasn't expecting 5* food. My mistake! It was amazing, from the French Onion soup to the Coquille St Jacques, and the Beef Bourgignon (which was de-constructed - a meltingly tender piece of meat with tiny onions and freshly picked mixed mushrooms in a fantastic sauce) to the lemon tart with fresh strawberries.
Apparently the head chef here used to work at a top Yorkshire restaurant and this was in evidence from the food itself and the way it was presented.
Ashfields have regular different themed nights every few weeks as well as 'normal' dinner menus each week. This was my first visit here but it definitely won't be my last.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for More”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went to Ashfields for burns night the food was outstanding better than anything I've had in the past you could tell a lot of thought had gone into it. The smoked salmon was a personal highlight served in a Kilner jar with heather and lovely smoky aroma I just wanted to crawl inside the jar. I took my girlfriend who is a little choosy when it comes to food, the head chef accommodated for her and made alternatives to suit her. Who could ask for more lovely service and a lovely night. Thank you

• Visited January 2014