“Nice selection of different kinds of food”
Review of quinii's Restaurant - CLOSED

quinii's Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai, Singaporean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are family friendly Far East Asian Contemporary Fusion Restaurant providing Halal dishes sourced from countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and more. There are Hot Deals waiting for you: our Student Night every Tue and Wed between 5:00pm and 11:00pm which includes any main course with Jasmine rice and a drink for only £9.99, 2 Course Deal available from Sun until Thu for only £13.95 And our Lunch Deal running every weekend between 12:00pm and 3:00pm which includes starter and main course for only £9.95
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We shared a lamb shank and a soft shell crab appetizer. The lamb was fantastic but the soft shell crab starter was just ok. They had beer and wine and some outdoor space that looked good in good weather.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Visited here midweek when on holiday. Husband and I both had choices from the set meal menu (early evening I think?) and were happy with the food. Not fantastic but decent quality and value for the price. Restaurant was quiet and felt very laid back and peaceful. Service was very good. Also had free wifi which was great as the flat we were renting didn't have any - a bonus for me!

We holiday in York every year and this restaurant is close to where we stay. We would both be happy to eat here again and will almost certainly do so. No hesitation in recommending to others.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I had been meaning to visit Quinii's for a while and finally got round to checking it out last night. The service was excellent, the food well presented and tasty (although the Tom Yum soup could have been spicier) and this was all for a reasonable price. However both me and my boyfriend (him possibly to a lesser extent) were disturbed by the fish tank in the restaurant. There were lots of very large fish in a very small tank. I would question if they could swim without bumping into each other. I had to switch places with him soon after noticing, as I couldn't bare to look at them.
As said before the food was good, but I won't be returning if the fish remain in the same condition.

Quiniis R, Manager at quinii's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your comment and I am happy that you love our food, service and price. When reading your comment at the end of the shift, one of the customers approached me to pay and saw the feedback you gave on trip advisor. He laugh! He said: “I am a marine biologist. I can assure that there is nothing wrong with your fish tank and your fish looks happy”. Our team are confident with his comment.
I would also like to repeat like my previous reply to the other comments that my assistant and I are on the floor most of the time so we really appreciate if customer could express their comment to us directly. We are building up the reputation of this restaurant SO WE REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS FROM OUR VALUABLE CUSTOMERS.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had eaten at the predecessor to Quiniis a number of times and was disappointed when that closed. Tried Quiniis which seems to have taken over some of the staff. The manager was very helpful and ensured the restaurant ran smoothly. Service was very good. We had Satay starter and then red Thai curries. Food was excellent, looked good on the plate and was very tasty. We will be back. The view out of the window to Clifford's tower opposite was worth the visit alone.

1  Thank Colin G
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went with friends the service spot on the food was fabulous I cant understand why we haven't found this place before! Its describe as a fusion of foods the menu had Chinese Thai and Indonesian. The food was presented beautifully so important I think because you eat with your eyes I couldn't fault the food the restaurant was packed they were turning people away so booking is highly recommended.

3  Thank peterkYork