“Fantastic Wedding Venue”

Marmadukes Town House Hotel
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We got married at Marmadukes 2 weeks ago.
my daughter and I stayed the night before the weeding, our room was lovely and spacious, with a big bathroom. We had a very comfortable night and plenty of space in the morning to get ourselves ready.
The wedding was lovely and cosy in one of the lounges and the reception in the conservatory was ideal for the amount of guests,and the food was fantastic!
We would definitely recommend this hotel to any other couple looking for a venue for their special day, as the staff were amazingly helpful. Fran, the wedding coordinator had everything planed to the last detail and really did manage the day brilliantly..all we had to do was enjoy, and we did.
Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: the loft suit was fab
1  Thank rachelsarahspencer
Marmadukes Town... H, General Manager at Marmadukes Town House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for your Fantastic Wedding review!

I wondered why Fran was doing a dance when reading Tripadvisor the other day. Fran for those who have not been introduced is Marmadukes Town House Hotel dedicated Events Manager who just adores making your Wedding day so incredibly special.

If you are planning a special event why not contact Fran to organise a visit and get some amazing ideas. Email: fran@marmadukesyork.com

Thank you for a lovely detailed review on our venue which is excellent information for both future special events and for our lovely residents.

We hope you return back to us, hopefully you will visit soon so me and Fran can get to see your wedding pictures.

Lucy Neville

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Located in a quite street not far from city centre. Stayed for one night in a single room. It was comfortable, clean with all the facilities required for a stay. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was lovely. There's a car park on site and street parking adjacent to the hotel. Overall was happy abs would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LambogihiniZ

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review.

We are based on a wonderful, quiet, sleepy Grove in York where you can truly relax and unwind after a hard days shopping and sightseeing.

You stayed in our petite single bedroom and they are perfect for a quick stop over.

Thank you for your comments regarding your breakfast and our friendly team.
We hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stopped in the loft suite, gorgeous room, the sauna is a great touch to this spacious room, brilliant staff, especially the young man working in the bar at night. Just 1 little quibble which was eventually dealt with. I would go recommend this place for a romantic, peaceful break. The main town is so accessible from here also. Thanks guys

• Stayed: August 2014
Marmadukes Town... H, General Manager at Marmadukes Town House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing Marmadukes Town House Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you found our Loft Suite gorgeous and spacious. I am however sorry to read that you did encounter a quibble.

Thank you for your future recommendation to others to enjoy a Romantic getaway at Marmadukes Town House Hotel.

We hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location, a brisk ten minute walk and you are standing next to the Minster. We found all of the staff to be so helpful and friendly and they certainly make the hotel. Our room was very nice but the bathroom could have done with a little attention in that the grouting was black in places and the shower hose wasn't very clean but that certainly would not stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing Marmadukes Town House Hotel.

Firstly I am pleased to read that you found all the team to be friendly and helpful.

I am pleased that your bedroom was nice however I am shocked to read that our grout is black, we have grouted a number of our bathroom floors with a grey grout so I am hoping you mean this, however if you do not I would genuinely like you to email me direct (lucy@marmadukesyork.com) as I can’t find reference from your Tripadvisor Name to our system.

I am pleased this wouldn’t stop you staying again with us as this is most definitely not our standard. I will await your email.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have recently returned from a fantastic stay at Marmadukes. What a fabulous place with fantastic staff.

My wife was absolutely delighted with our room (513) which was so peaceful and comfortable yet stunning. This hotel is perfect for us. It is just a short walk into York and is situated on a quiet side street so there is no noisy traffic going past at all hours. It has all of the benefits of being in the City with none of the drawbacks. There is even parking on site which means as soon as you arrive you can park up and forget about the car.

We are were looked after so well by the fabulous team at Marmadukes that we were both really upset on our day of departure as we just didn't want to leave. Lucy even went to the trouble of touring flower shops to make sure that my wife received white lillies on the morning of her birthday. The whole staff make this place so special. They are a dedicated team who go above and beyond and have exceeded our expectations on both occasions when we stayed.

To us, Marmadukes is a wonderfully relaxing place where we can completely unwind. We love this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Five Star Tripadvisor review.

You are too kind writing this and we are truly grateful at you taking the time out and placing this review.

This room is my favourite Four Poster bedroom, front facing, looking over our peaceful St Peter’s Grove. We are certainly very lucky to be in this location, where you can walk to the centre within 10 minutes but enjoy a quiet night’s sleep.

I was more than happy to ensure your wife had her white lilies for breakfast, we like a challenge on a Monday morning. All of the team here would happily get whatever you need to make your stay more enjoyable.

You two were an absolute pleasure to have stay with us. If there was a tripadvisor to recommend guests, we would honour you with 5 stars.

Please do not leave it as long and we can’t wail to have you back here.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My first visit and I am delighted I picked this hotel, it is fantastic. Although I arrived very early I received a huge welcome and staff took care of my case while I took in the sights of York. Arriving back my case was already in my room (beautifully furnished and spotless) and the friendly staff gave me full information of facilities in the hotel and also around York. The hotel decor is brilliant throughout, the lounges are lovely, relaxing and the breakfasts were the best, the food was fabulous and the service was spot on. I found all the staff so helpful, nothing was too much for them despite my many questions - most related to York not the hotel. If anyone is thinking of visiting York then this is the place to stay, beautiful hotel, excellent staff and good location. I will definitely be returning now I have found it.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gwen W

Thank you for an amazing 5 star review.

I am so frilled to read that you found Marmadukes Town House Hotel fantastic, does it get much better than this. We are always happy for you to register as early as you wish, we can at least organise your paperwork and show you on a map where you would like to visit.

Your lovely comments regarding our friendliness and that you found our Hotel décor brilliant.

We are so thrilled to receive such a wonderful review; we hope you hurry back to us.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Marmadukes is a small friendly hotel about ten minutes walk from the City centre. The room was lovely and cozy and breakfast was great. We also had drinks in the bar after dinner in the evening, which was nice. Just a pity we only had one night here, we will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for a short, sweet but superb 5 star review.

We are a lovely 10 minute walk away so you are very near to York’s attractions. I love your description of our bedrooms being cosy.

We will look forward to your returning visit.