“GREAT B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 47 Heworth Road

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
47 Heworth Road
Ranked #157 of 192 York B&B and Inns
Edinburgh Scotland
“GREAT B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Spent four days at Heworth which is 10 - 15 minutes walk to York centre. We parked the car on arrival and never used it till it was time to leave. Our room was in the Sutherland House 2 doors
down from the main hotel. The room was large as was the ensuite and there was plenty of storage. Although the room was as the front of the building the street noise mentioned in previous reviews was not a problem as it was quite at night. The staff were all helpfull and breakfast was very good. The restaurant meals were excellent and due to a medical problem there are foods I can't have, however this was never a problem . York has lots to do and see. A must is York Minster it is large so have plenty of time for your visit. The Castle Museum is also very good. We also visited the Railway Museum although we have no interest in trains but it was really good. There are plenty of shops and pubs , coffee stops to rest tired feet. If you visit york the Heworth is a convenient and great B & B and great place to stay.

Room Tip: There is no night traffic noise on street facing rooms. As you are up for be reakfast by the time t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happytravels013

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oldham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

We wouldn't go back again if they paid us the couple where most odd she greated us saying I'm sorry I'm not dressed smartly I've been doing the garden she shown us up to our room of which surpose to have been the 4 Poster & it wasn't the room was clean enough but had a strange smell about it.
We went out for the evening came back & I couldn't get in with the key so we buzzed on the door bell the landlord came he wasn't happy with us & said "We will show you AGAIN
how to do the front door" in a Army Syle mannor.
The following morning me & my partner went down for breakfast Toast was burnt & my partner had Shell in her Scrambled Egg we went into York found the Travell Lodge & left number 47 in a rush. We said we had to go home early we was going to stay for two nights but with the sevice like it was one was enough. I also found getting onto their Free WiFi very difficult.
Wouldn't recomend it to a family dog never mind people

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davidthedj
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

This is quite possibly the nicest, cutest, friendliest and most welcoming B&B I have ever stayed in. Originally my fiance and I were supposed to be going to a festival which fell through so this weekend trip was rather last minute. Everything was so clean and tidy and the lady owning it was lovely, she couldn't do enough for us. The breakfasts provided were "huge" and soooo tasty, we could of stayed in the dining room all day !!! York itself is a beutiful part of the country but I found myself wishing the day away so I could curl up in the comfiest bed ever !!! Next time we're heading that way, we'll have no hesitation about staying there again, it was wonderful.

PS - Did I mention that we really liked this B&B ?!

:o)

• Liked — everything !
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2006

We decided to stay in York on the spur of the moment in July and found a room here. We were a bit worried as the rest of York seemed to be fully booked - but there was no need. The room was very large and beautifully furnished and the bathroom spotless with the added luxury of a power shower. The breakfast was plentiful - fresh fruit salad and the option of a veggie breakfast were nice touches. If you want good hospitality at a reasonable price - stay here!

• Liked — Friendly service and cleanliness
  • Disliked — a bit of a walk from the centre of York
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Sally92
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2006

This b and b is deserving of a 5* award. hasn`t long be open but has none of the teething problems normally associated with new establishments. Carol the owner is a fab host where nothing is to much trouble for her.
Nice little touches which make it a world apart from your run of the mill b and b. Real chocolate biscuits and sweets with your tea making facilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The breakfast has got to be one of the best served to me in a hotel/b and b. Just your normal cooked breakfast but the variety and amount of food you could have certainly exceeded anything me and my party could manage!
100% the best b and b in york. I will no doubt return in the near future.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member