“Clean, walking distance to city centre.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bootham Gardens Guesthouse
Ranked #36 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice choice of breakfasts, pity you need to be down for breakfast between 8 and 8.45am ( bit early). Clean room, if a bit basic. 10-15 min walk into York. Overall its nice, ive stayed here a few times but might go for something more luxurious next time im in York.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ian B, Owner at Bootham Gardens Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thanks for that and please remember clicking on the Bookings.com calendar will always show no prices availability even when I have rooms available. This is because I have refused to pay TripAdvisor £159 per bedroom per year AND 22% of the gross value of any booking through them. In effect I am being blackmailed.
All direct bookings receive a 5% discount on the price published on our website.

There are newer reviews for Bootham Gardens Guesthouse

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have been back to this B & B twice now, and would never bother looking for another B & B in York as you have everything you need for a wonderful stay. Ian and Anne are very friendly and welcoming. Ian is a mine of information if you need to know anything about places to visit in York, and he knows all the best places to eat.
His breakfast menu is the best we have seen in any B & B that we have stayed in, it keeps us going for the best part of the day. The rooms are lovely and clean and very comfortable. If you are looking for a B & B to stay in York, look no further.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here, in the knowledge that I will receive a warm welcome from my hosts Ian and Anne and stay in a clean, comfortable room. They are extremely helpful and have loads of information for those not well acquainted with York. It is also situated in a very convenient location to the City centre. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed here twice, a week each time. Only ten minutes to walk to the city centre, but in a quiet and nice area. Ian and Anne are very nice, friendly and it felt like coming home this last time I stayed. This is the place where they notice you, get to know you and adjust your stay to your needs. They pay attention to the small details that make your stay special. Breakfast is lovely, and is made to perfection and often with a wonderful touch of humour. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. Free Wifi and a lovely garden is an extra touch. I look forward to coming back next year!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I knew I was going to like the place before I ever set foot in it... I rang up with a query over the online booking process, and not only was my query resolved, but Ian and I ended up chatting like old friends!

When we arrived the welcome was just as warm as it had been on the phone, and thoughout our stay Ian and Anne were always available to offer help and advice, and to share their vast knowledge of York and its surroundings.

Our rooms were exactly as expected - simple, but comfortable, immaculately clean and with a fresh new feel about them. The guest lounge was comfortable and well equipped, and throughout the four days of our stay there was a really friendly atmosphere about the place - everybody seemed to be happy to chat with everybody else. Breakfast was fantastic - Ian's love of cooking really shows -, and we also liked the little extras - like the jar of sweets that was always left out, and Ian's lovely home-made pickled eggs.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Downstairs the middle room is quite spacious but only has a small window high up. The one at the far...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you want a clean, quiet and warm place to stay whilst in York then don't discount this B&B. Wi Fi access was good and there was free parking. The jams at breakfast were good and Ian was helpful.
But I do feel that it is portrayed as a destination in its own right, where as the room we had was really like a Premier Inn. Thats not to discount Premier Inn or this B&B, both offer good accomodation. Maybe I just don't understand the star system.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here 3nights in the G/f single bedroom(I cannot manage stairs)It was ideal for me;level access,not far to move luggage.The heating in the room was excellent,the Mira shower top quality. I arrived very tired &scold ,Naomi gave me warm welcome & was incredibly helpful.Breakfasts were great;the imaginative menu was fun & I wished I could stay longer to try more. Ian &Anne could have been very vexed with me as my car developed lock problems while I was away at a day conference;all,all 4windows stuck on open ; Anne &Ian took hourly turns to watch over my car's security all day; it must have been very aggravating but they.were very philosophical about it and I had to admire their good grace.

2  Thank Joyce J