“Perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bootham Gardens Guesthouse
Ranked #27 of 192 York B&B and Inns
Ardfern, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I will certainly be back to this lovely guesthouse, because one night was not enough!
Comfortable beds, heavenly breakfasts ( incredible choice!), helpful and friendly owners.
I even came away with a grape jam recipe.
Well located, close to the city centre with everything in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and myself recently stayed for a long weekend at Bootham Gardens - we stayed there twelve months ago and booked again as it was such an enjoyable visit. Anne and Ian are superb hosts, nothing is too much trouble, the breakfasts are absolutely wonderful, location is a quiet road ten minutes from the city walls, the rooms are perfect and I can't imagine a better place to stay in York. They give you lots of information from their personal experience of York's many restaurants, cafes and pubs. During our short visit there were well-travelled guests from the USA, Turkey, Australia and all of them could not speak too highly of Anne and Ian.

Lyman, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

great spot, for a leisurely 15 minute walk into town! You can even hear the Minster bells from the house. Several restaurants within walking distance. the car park only holds 2 (very) small cars, but you may be able to park out on the street. Good wifi service in the rooms, free computer access in breakfast room. Breakfast was great, with lots of local made jams/jellies & bread. 5% cash discount! the rooms could be a little more 'quaint' (i'm a designer - can't help it), but they are clean & have everything you need. So we could not complain, at all. We enjoyed our stay, and our time in York. Thank you Ian & Anne for your gracious hospitality.

Essex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at Bootham Gardens (for the second time) for the York marathon weekend. As last time, Ian and Anne were wonderfully welcoming and helpful. I've been visiting York since my teens so have a pretty good knowledge of the City but for anyone who's new to town Ian and Anne have put together a wealth of information about places to visit, restaurants, etc. and are always happy to pass on their knowledge.

I tend to travel a lot for my racing nowadays and I have to say from my experience you'd be hard pressed to find a more comprehensive and yummy breakfast menu. Lovely touches are things like Ian's home-made bread, preserves and customised breakfast menus for special occasions.

The house itself has been built and decorated to a very high standard and I'm sure that all the bedrooms are as comfy as the single room that I've stayed in. All in all a fantastic stay at a very reasonable rate.

Simply put, in a city that has very many places to stay I'd not consider going anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ian B, Owner at Bootham Gardens Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thanks for that and please remember clicking on the Bookings.com calendar will always show no prices availability even when I have rooms available. This is because I have refused to pay TripAdvisor £159 per bedroom per year AND 22% of the gross value of any booking through them. In effect I am being blackmailed. They also refuse to remove false reviews.
All direct bookings receive a 5% discount on the price published on our website.
tarporley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

All the reviews are spot on ## we have stayed in a few B/B in York as we go to the racing .this B/B is a great find we will not be staying anywhere else when we go to york all i can add to my review is FANTASTIC FANATICS

2 Thank beechbabe043
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having cancelled a booking at another York B&B due to unbelievable rudeness I was just glad to be able to get a place at such short notice. We really landed on our feet here. Ian and Anne extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast was superb with quality ingredients, no basic value sausages etc that you sometimes expect. Home made preserves a really nice touch.
Would book again without hesitation.
Thanks for a great stay, Neil and Andrew.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neil1864
Tonbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

A really, really good find. Ian and Anne very welcoming. My single room had all the facilities needed, was clean, comfortable and well furnished with very nice ensuite. A huge difference to the single room broom cupboards (with narrow short beds) that I usually get.to stay in. Breakfasts superb. Huge choice, quality food, home made bread and preserves, all very filling and delicious. Off street park - a great asset so close to the city centre - patio seating and tables, free access to computer and printer which is useful for checking out local attractions, events etc.

Unbeatable value. I will definitely return - Bootham Garderns is a great place to stay to explore York and the wider area. The glowing comments on Trip Advisor and in the Visitors Book are entirely justified. I just hope availablity does not become too difficult.

Recommended without hesitation.