“Probably the best B&B in York?”

Bootham Gardens Guesthouse
Ranked #43 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent hosts, accommodation and breakfasts.Spotlessly clean and within easy walking distance of York. Quiet location.Tea and coffee making facilities in the en-suite room. Wine glasses/ corkscrew provided if you like something stronger! TV and internet access- a real home from home.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have stayed in York at Christmas time for many years as it is even more magical then, It was our good fortune about four years ago to find Bootham Gardens and have stayed every year since. We agree with comments already posted with the exception of the rooms being bland!! Ian and Ann are perfect hosts and have cracked what a good guesthouse should be like. Just a short walk into York for shopping a meal then back to Bootham Gardens to a glass of wine( glasses and opener provided by our hosts.) Unfortunatley due to sickness we had to cancel our booking this year but we will be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellant as always, been coming here for past 6 years and will be coming for nxt 6 years.
Ian and Ann are brilliant hosts and cannot do enough for you throughout your stay and are always v informative about whats goin on and where in and around York.
Great location, spotlessly clean would definately recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

on arriving rather later than we had anticipated we where met at the door by the owner ian who gave us a warm and friendly welcome.we found the guesthouse to be basic but bright and very clean.We met Ian`s wife Anne at breakfest the following morning and like Ian we found her to be a wonderful host.I have never seen such an array of choice on the breakfest menu and all cooked and served to a high standard.My wife Lynn and myself would wish to pass on are most grateful appreciation to Ian&Anne for a wonderful two nights stay,and hopefully will be returning next year.For those of you who read this i would heartily recommend a stay here.

To Ian, we both hope you get well soon.

Best wishes to you both for the forthcoming year.

Alan&Lynn Sutton.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a lovely place. The rooms are - in my opinion - rather bland, but have everything you need and are very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the homemade jams and gorgeous filter coffee. York city walls are about 10 minutes walk away, which was a little further than the places we've stayed in before, but it's a pleasant enough walk. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a short stay in York, from 15th November, 2012 I travelled from Germany. I want to say something about my stay in Bootham Gardens Guesthouse, The owners Ian & Anne are very nice, nothing was too much trouble for them, the are very friendly. The accommodation was to a very high standard, the room was clean, nicely decorated, The beds I found be very comfortable I had a good nights sleep. No issues with noise or other disturbances . Fire safety is of a high standard smoke detectors and alarms in all rooms, In my room was all the facilitation to make hot drinks A wall mounted TV was in the room. The breakfast was very high quality I had the full English Breakfast, the food was clean and well presented, The menu on offer is impressive , a lot of choice. The guest house has computer and internet access which I found very useful to upload my holiday photos to the internet, A very pleasant stay , Thank you. Greetings Colin and Gis

Reviewed November 19, 2012

One of the best B&Bs I have stayed in - Ian was a wonderful host (even though unwell), the breakfasts were lovely and the rooms, although fairly basic very comfortable (with the biggest bed I have ever seen!), clean and had all the extras you would expect (TV, tea, coffee, hairdryer)

It's an excellent location, walking distance to the town, and Ian was great at advising us on where to head, and shortcuts into town and the railway museum. It was great to receive the pack of information on York that they send out before you stay as well as that helped us plan and we managed to cram a lot in to a short stay.

If going back to York I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple