“two nights stay at bootham gardens”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bootham Gardens Guesthouse
Ranked #28 of 192 York B&B and Inns
merseyside
“two nights stay at bootham gardens”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

on arriving rather later than we had anticipated we where met at the door by the owner ian who gave us a warm and friendly welcome.we found the guesthouse to be basic but bright and very clean.We met Ian`s wife Anne at breakfest the following morning and like Ian we found her to be a wonderful host.I have never seen such an array of choice on the breakfest menu and all cooked and served to a high standard.My wife Lynn and myself would wish to pass on are most grateful appreciation to Ian&Anne for a wonderful two nights stay,and hopefully will be returning next year.For those of you who read this i would heartily recommend a stay here.

To Ian, we both hope you get well soon.

Best wishes to you both for the forthcoming year.

Alan&Lynn Sutton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North West England
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a lovely place. The rooms are - in my opinion - rather bland, but have everything you need and are very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the homemade jams and gorgeous filter coffee. York city walls are about 10 minutes walk away, which was a little further than the places we've stayed in before, but it's a pleasant enough walk. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a short stay in York, from 15th November, 2012 I travelled from Germany. I want to say something about my stay in Bootham Gardens Guesthouse, The owners Ian & Anne are very nice, nothing was too much trouble for them, the are very friendly. The accommodation was to a very high standard, the room was clean, nicely decorated, The beds I found be very comfortable I had a good nights sleep. No issues with noise or other disturbances . Fire safety is of a high standard smoke detectors and alarms in all rooms, In my room was all the facilitation to make hot drinks A wall mounted TV was in the room. The breakfast was very high quality I had the full English Breakfast, the food was clean and well presented, The menu on offer is impressive , a lot of choice. The guest house has computer and internet access which I found very useful to upload my holiday photos to the internet, A very pleasant stay , Thank you. Greetings Colin and Gis

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

One of the best B&Bs I have stayed in - Ian was a wonderful host (even though unwell), the breakfasts were lovely and the rooms, although fairly basic very comfortable (with the biggest bed I have ever seen!), clean and had all the extras you would expect (TV, tea, coffee, hairdryer)

It's an excellent location, walking distance to the town, and Ian was great at advising us on where to head, and shortcuts into town and the railway museum. It was great to receive the pack of information on York that they send out before you stay as well as that helped us plan and we managed to cram a lot in to a short stay.

If going back to York I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arran_EE
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Absolutely adored preparing for my wedding here and afterwards my honeymoon!
Truly a home from home.
Rooms are spotless, nothing is too much trouble.
Just don't understand why some reviewers are saying certain things, I mean you have a prime location for one, attentive hosts, one heck of a breakfast and so much more.

On the morning of our wedding we were presented with a keepsake menu, which was fun!

Ian had been unwell, but still made sure all guests were well looked after and Anne was working very hard to keep everyone happy.
I want to thank the Bootham gardens for making my wedding a special one, I was even able to use the special suite they have to get ready in so my husband wouldn't see me that morning.
Then whisked to the register office by Ian in Annes car!

A true gem of a place made so by the owners.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a great stay at Bootham Gardens. Everything perfect and owners have done everything to make our stay lovely. Don't often say but would go back anytime and highly recommend to all. It if very close to everything, just 5 minutes walk to the start of the shops and 10 to the Minster.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mickelas
Somerset
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a brilliant location near the Minister. It's a quiet suburban road that's not brimming with character but who cares when you can walk into the historic city centre within a few minutes. The rooms are clean and pleasant, the owners friendly and helpful, and the breakfast beats what you'd get at many 4 star hotels with a great range of cooked dishes - I recommend the kipper which comes with a small glass of Yorkshire ale to set you up on a cold morning! Moreover the cost is modest. My family will certainly stay here again when we return to visit our student son.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family