“Friday tea with friends”
Review of CONLAN'S - CLOSED

CONLAN'S
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are an anglo-celtic team who are crazy about serving the best, seasonal produce that we can source locally.
york
“Friday tea with friends”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

A very pleasant time after a long and tiring day. Staff very welcoming and friendly in a light and cosy atmosphere . ( although slightly warm once restaurant was full and only one window open slightly)
Table & food we pre ordered due to the large booking (8). Food arrived soon after we arrived, representation was very impressive and everyone enjoyed their meals. Only down side was the long wait for our desserts .

Shall be returning with my other half .

• Visited July 2014
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us YorkWoody. We're thrilled you enjoyed your meal and sorry for the wait for your desserts! Your feedback means a lot to us, as does your support so thank you.
We will aim to make sure we continue to improve and look forward to seeing you again at Conlans.

Ali, Sava, Chris, Julie, Debbie & Aidan :)

“Fabulous food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just had the most wonderful experience at Conlan's this evening. Fabulous food,friendly and courteous staff. Recommending it to my friends family and any one who reads this review. My husband and myself will definitely return very soon. Congratulations to all involved in this superb cafe/bistro.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Alison N
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us Alison N...your support and reccomendations mean so much to us here at Conlans. As a new business, the biggest challenge is "spreading the word" so thank you again. We're looking forward to seeing more of you!

Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Julie @ Conlans :)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had a fantastic evening last night at Conlan's. A first time for me and I was pleasantly surprised on how lovely it was. Cosy, relaxed atmosphere, great food and very welcoming. Looking forward to taking my husband on a date night and popping in during the day with my children for cake!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sharon273
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Awww, we're so very happy that you enjoyed your meal with us Sharon 273...it was a pleasure to meet you and we can't wait to have you back again! :)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“superb bistro”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I ate at this Bistro on Friday evening my friend and I had been meaning to try it for a while but we kept passing over it. We were very pleasantly surprised the place is done out very cosy and the staff welcoming the food was exceptional I had the pat'e my friend had the goats cheese both were generous potions well presented and tasty
for main course we both had the Surf&Turf we both agreed it was the best quality steak it was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious as were the prawns and wedges that accompanied it we finished with chocolate deserts hers brownies my tort with ice cream again very enjoyable we had two bottles of wine and the bill was very reasonable all together it was a pleasant evening the staff were all very friendly couldn't do enough for us and we will certainly go again couldn't fault it.
During the day it is also a café I have heard good reports on that also This business deserves to succeed.

Visited June 2014
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thanks a millipon for taking the time to write about us Joan W. Your support means so very much to all of us here at Conlans. Can't wait to see you again...oh and please keep an eye out for our special food and music events over the coming months. We are working on an events calendar and it would be great to spoil you again!

Ali, Sava and the Conlans crew ;) x
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am local to Acomb and can honestly say that Conlan's is a most welcome dining experience. Been waiting a long time for somewhere classy to eat that I can walk to and that doesn't involve grease! Been today for lunch as a Birthday Treat. Excellent service and yummy food. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Well thank you so much for your review jomifugi! We're all so glad that you enjoyed visiting us here at Conlans. Hope to see you again soon!

Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie, Julie :)