“Awesome steaks, cosy setting, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CONLAN'S - CLOSED

CONLAN'S
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are an anglo-celtic team who are crazy about serving the best, seasonal produce that we can source locally.
York
“Awesome steaks, cosy setting, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a genuinely lovely little bistro: gorgeous food, warm, welcoming staff and a pretty, cosy setting. Awesome steaks. Conlan's feels like a bit of a gem; it's not been discovered by everyone yet...but soon will be.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RJAll
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your review RJAll...We're really happy you enjoyed visiting us here at Conlans. Hopefully we'll see you again soon :) I'll make sure that our fantastic butcher, Ryan, knows how happy you were with your steak.
Thanks again, Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie, Sam & Jack

Berlin, Germany
“Brilliant Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great breakfast in Acomb's newest and best cafe. Really well priced and run by passionate, friendly people who are really trying to get something going in on of York's more 'unloved' areas. Very pleased to see it full of local people too and there is a palpable sense of goodwill behind this place and this is what the area has been crying out for.

We only had the full English, but it was wonderfully presented and including drinks was a great price. The evening menu looks great too and there are several events planned for this summer.

Will definitely be going again (especially as it is a stone's throw from my house!).

3 Thank stuartsjones
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Stuart...we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed breakfast with us! :) We also couldn't be happier that we're only a stones' throw from your house so we hope to see lots more of you.
You made mention of events we have plannned and we really hope you can join us for Tapas & Tunes on Sunday the 22nd of this month....we have a brilliant local duo, "To the Blue" joining us along with a good friend of Chris (our maestro in the kitchen). Irish Dave has lived in Spain and will be our guest chef for the evening!
Thanks a million for your review and helping us to spread the word about our little venture....we couldn't survive without your support. See you again soon hopefully.
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam :)
York, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome with wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I live locally and have visited Conlan's on a number of occasions - I have never been disappointed. I always receive a warm welcome (without it being too pushy). The food is made with good quality ingredients and is very tasty. I usually visit for a late breakfast or early lunch - I aim to visit during the evening as the menue looks delicious. This is definitely a place not to be missed!

1 Thank Ann P
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you Ann for taking the time to write about us here at Conlans. We can't tell you how much we appreciate your support and it's lovely to know that you enjoy dropping in to see us. :) Was telling a couple of our suppliers about your comments and they are thrilled!
Hope to see you again realy soon. Thanks again,
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam :)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best this year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have meals every where from Suffolk to Scarborough this evening 5th June best this year to date.
May find their equal doubt if I will find better. Warmest of welcomes excellent menu at reasonable prices. Conlans the place to be.

1 Thank Ke,n S
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words Ken...it was great to meet you and we are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us! Here's hoping you will visit again soon :)
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam @ Conlans
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent solo breakfast on a whim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

As I live very close I've been intending to visit Conlans for a while, I was passing this morning and entered on a whim very close to opening time. The welcome was warm and although I was fancying poached eggs on toast I was tempted by the eggs Florentine. I had recently enjoyed this dish at the Star Inn the City but this was superior. The dish was hot, the eggs were obviously "happy" and the hollandaise sauce was delicious. I had a lovely chat with the owner and thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast - going back tomorrow evening to try out dinner.

1 Thank AuntyR0
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
:) Thank you for taking the time to write about our little venture AuntyRo. It was lovely to meet you and we are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. (The florentine is one of my favourite dishes)! So looking forward to spoiling you at dinner.
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam @ Conlans :)