“Excellent solo breakfast on a whim” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CONLAN'S - CLOSED

CONLAN'S
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are an anglo-celtic team who are crazy about serving the best, seasonal produce that we can source locally.
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent solo breakfast on a whim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

As I live very close I've been intending to visit Conlans for a while, I was passing this morning and entered on a whim very close to opening time. The welcome was warm and although I was fancying poached eggs on toast I was tempted by the eggs Florentine. I had recently enjoyed this dish at the Star Inn the City but this was superior. The dish was hot, the eggs were obviously "happy" and the hollandaise sauce was delicious. I had a lovely chat with the owner and thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast - going back tomorrow evening to try out dinner.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AuntyR0
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
:) Thank you for taking the time to write about our little venture AuntyRo. It was lovely to meet you and we are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. (The florentine is one of my favourite dishes)! So looking forward to spoiling you at dinner.
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam @ Conlans :)

Northampton
“Deightful and delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were visiting York for our daughter's 21st birthday and had researched this restaurant as a good place for breakfast and brunch and we were not disappointed! Debbie, who served us was so accommodating and really patient with our requests (as we wanted to smuggle in a birthday cake without being seen!). She really looked after us and nothing was too much trouble.
Three of our party had eggs benedict and it was delicious - the eggs were so fresh and so yellow! My husband had the breakfast roll and everything was cooked to perfection by Chris the chef!
Lots of choice for all meal options and I believe they are open in the evenings.Very reasonably priced. No need to go all the way into York city centre for a delicious meal!
Thank you all - my daughter had a lovely day!
This restaurant was a real find and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Toni V
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
So Glad to hear your lovely daughter had a good birthday Toni. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. Debbie and Chris are thrilled with your feedback and I have let Paul and his family (who supply us with those fantastic eggs) know about your comments!
We really hope to see you all again next time you visit. :)
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam @ Conlans
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The service was personal and very kind and attentive (she asked us where we wanted to sit, free bread basket, no problem with a jug of tap water).
The food was gourmet and delicious (but the portions were still good).
And the 2 course for £12 (or 3 for £16) makes it incredibly good value!
I recommend this place to everybody!!!

3 Thank Jennifer C
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review Jennifer...it was lovely to meet you and we are so very glad you enjoyed visiting us. :)
We have just confirmed we will be having a Tapas & Tunes night on Sunday 22nd of June with a brilliant acoustic duo. It would be great if you could make it. Hope to see you again very soon!
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam @ Conlans
York
“A super meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had been recommneded Conlan's by a friend and she was so right! (Thanks Tracey!)
We had a wonderful meal here on a very wet evening but the welcome was exceptionally warm and the food simply delicious. I really don't like chips and never eat them however the way they cook them at Conlan's was just perfect, so light and fluffy - the best chips I've ever!
But the best was yet to come in the pistachio pudding, such rich chocolate and utterly wonderful!
Thanks to everyone we had a great evening and will certainly be back for more superb food and as we can walk from home we are saving the planet too! :)

1 Thank Kazamyor
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Ah....Thank you for braving the awful weather to visit us Kazamyor and for your lovely comments! It's great to know you enjoyed your meal with us and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks a million to Tracey too.....you have a gift for sending lovely people our way Tracey :)
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam
North Yorkshire
“Well worth dropping in for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Popped in for breakfast this morning on the recommondation of friends. Lovely welcome, freshly cooked food and excellent value. After reading the evening meal reviews on Tripadvisor we intend dining here in the evening in the next two weeks.

conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thanks a milion for taking the time to write about us Roaming94. It was great to meet you and we're looking forward to spoiling you at dinner time :)
Ali, Sava, Chris, Debbie & Sam. (Sam is our newest team member and has been learning to make bread so by the time you come in I'm sure he will be making it unaided.....his first attempt with Chris was well received, with one lovely customer taking some home after her meal)!