“Conlan's, the jewel in Acomb's crown !”
Review of CONLAN'S - CLOSED

CONLAN'S
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an anglo-celtic team who are crazy about serving the best, seasonal produce that we can source locally.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Conlan's, the jewel in Acomb's crown !”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been twice now to Conlan's, the first time was a couple of Saturdays ago in the afternoon for 'tea & stickies' with my Father and Sister.

My second visit was last Saturday evening,1st March, when I went with my friend Barbara.

Conlan's bistro is the perfect place for that intimate special meal, not necessarily cheap, but quality never is, if you want cheap there are plenty of cheap, tasteless carveries available in York.

The food was excellent, as was the service and ambiance, we both had the crispy belly pork starter, Barbara had the risotto and I had the seafood and chorizo linguine and on the basis that 'there are always some things you can still manage to eat when you're full', we both had the lemon posset with raspberry coulis and raspberry sorbet.

Ali & Sava added to the overall package by being so friendly and welcoming.

I'm certain that Barbara and I will return before too long and I may be reviewing Conlan's breakfast this weekend.

Keep up the good work girls !

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Steve H
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Steve...it was lovely to get to know you. Hope we'll see you and Barbara again soon :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

called in on spec in the middle of a cycle ride with 2 pals.
Had really good freshly brewed coffee and then we all had a different breakfast - which were all excellent, good quality fresh food, sausages were very good.
Friendly quick service, the chef even came out and asked our opinion.
Will defo call again.
Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nick S S
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
So glad you enjoyed popping by and thank you so much for your feedback :) Hope we see you again soon Nick.
York, United Kingdom
“Ok sunday lunch but would not go back”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went for Sunday Lunch with my Family, The portions were ok for my four year old and me, but my husband said it could do with been bigger. Was hoping for more fresh veg. Quite expensive for what you get. Staff cleaning up plates before we had all finished and it was a bit drafty where we were sat. I will however compliment the friendliness.

3 Thank TippenL
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to visit us and to write what you thought. As a very new business, your opinions are invaluable to us. I am so sorry you didn't completely enjoy your experience but we will take your comments on board.

We hope to see you again at Conlans.
York
“Acomb has arrived!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

If you were ever going to put a tiny bistro to the test, you would send in 25 local women a few days after the chef left. To be extra awkward they'd all demand to be served at once!
Not that you would have known it.
Acomb needs a bit of a facelift and Conlan's is hoiking it up Hollywood style - it's a proper bistro with restaurant ( good restaurant) quality .
It isn't cheap - you get what you pay for. Figure in a taxi and drinks in town and you have much more than covered the cost. Saying that, for what you get; it's a bargain.
The food was lovely and there was plenty - I could not eat the pudding after because I was full but I tasted it and it was delish.
I don't feel as if I have to break down the menu - it's THAT good and you will not be disappointed.
Most of all, the service was brilliant-I know they must have been a bit stressed but it never reflected on our party.
I cannot sing Conlan's praises enough - have recommended to everyone .
Thank you all for a fantastic night - Acomb is behind you xx

• Visited February 2014
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for writing about us and spreading the word about our little bistro! We need all the help we can get, lol.We are thrilled that you enjoyed your night with us at Conlans and had so much fun hosting the night. Looking forward to seeing you again VERY soon :)
Ali, Sava & all at Conlans Cafe/Bistro
York
“Brilliant Breakfasts at a hidden gem in Acomb”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here for breakfast in December.
Perfect Poached eggs - seriously the best I've ever had.
My stepdad had the full English - and as a breakfast connoisseur - it passed all tests as he says we're going again when he's next in York!
Lovely relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff - oh and yes the coffee is fantastic too!
A hidden gem in Acomb!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank yorkie252
conlansbistro, Owner at CONLAN'S, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of our new little venture. We look forward to spoiling you next time you are in the village. We just made a new website and have some offers available for our bistro on FridaySat nights and also for Sunday lunches. (www.conlanscafebistro.co.uk)
P.S.We just changed our egg supplier to a chap called Paul who is as nuts about fresh produce as we are...would love to know what you think! :)

Thanks a million again