“Great Place”

Rice Style
Ranked #134 of 870 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Have been here twice now and both times I could not think of one bad thing about it. Great tasting food and the staff couldnt of been more friendly. would of been 5/5 but the portions were huge I was dissapointed with myself for not being able to finish such tasty food!

• Visited June 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Good food ,good service and good value”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to Rice Style on Saturday it was the first time and won't be the last
It was very busy as it had been a race day in York but the service was very good as was the food
The pad Thai was a little bland for our taste but the people at the next table said they loved it
The wine list needs a little revision but that said it was a very good evening and very good value

Visited May 2014
York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The yellow curry with squid ink spaghetti was one of the nicest things I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I'd been to the Kao San Road restaurant (where I'd also had really amazing food) so I was excited to eat in their new place.
I chose the yellow curry with squid ink spaghetti and king prawns because it sounded unusual. It was almost too hot for me and my whole head was starting to sweat by the time I stopped eating, but it was one of the tastiest things I've eaten. It was a generous plateful too, and I asked to take the leftover spaghetti home, which was still delicious microwaved the next day.

I want to go back and try more things on the menu, but I'll feel like it'll be hard not to just order that again!

• Visited March 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Tasty and plentiful”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Called in on a Thursday night,hadnt boked but they found us a seat, it's not a big restaurant.
Sat near door but they hada fan heater there to offset the draughts.
Starters were battered crab , excellent and duck rolls, plenty of duck in them
We both had noodles for mains, masses on the plate, wouldve served 3.
Banana fritters for pud
Food very tasty, service excellent with waitresses v attentive.
£60 inc a bottle of wine
Would recommend it for excellent food , service and ambience.

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We took my 83 year old mother in law for her first Thai meal to this restaurant. The staff were very welcoming and made us all feel at ease. the food was cooked to perfection and spiced just enough for mothers palate. She decided that she would be happy to eat Thai food any time. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone. they certainly go the extra mile to give you what you want.

• Visited May 2014