“Friendly hotel”
Review of Holgate Hill Hotel

Holgate Hill Hotel
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable; breakfast in the morning was hardy, plenty to choose from. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good location, only a short walk into town. If we are in York again, we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holgate Hill Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel only 15 20 mins from york city center.shock when got there our room was ready at 10am room was a wee bit on small side but nice clean tea making in room nice touch with biscuits as well breakfast fab plenty to chose for and the rest bar tiny not a lot to chose from but the staff were so friendly and really nice and welcoming defo go back thank's for a lovely stay.:-) :-) :-)

Room Tip: Room 18 small but nice.and quiet.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stopped at this hotel for 4 nights.Its was convenient for the centre of york which was a 15-20 min stroll.Rooms were clean, fairly well maintained and ideal for a short break. The staff were very pleasant and the meals were enjoyable.Breakfast was varied and I would have thought most people would have had enough.IAs private hotels go it was good and we would stay there again for a short break. Bus stop right outside,small car park. stevepboro

1  Thank crozier123
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked a room for a night following a trip to the races. The hotel was very conveniently located and within walking distance of York Races. It was also reasonably priced.
We were greeted by the proprietor Hazel and knew immediately we had made the right choice.
The room was already ready when we booked in at 11.00am prior to the Races and we were able to take our bags to the room.
The room was lovely, spotlessly clean and roomy. All mod cons and even his and her bath robes.
The bathroom was spotless and had a big bath as well as a shower.....something my hubby
particularly likes
The four poster bed was very impressive!! It was also one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a hotel.
Every member of staff we had contact with we're friendly and welcoming.
The full breakfast was beautifully cooked and there was a huge choice of other breakfast items.
We liked it so much we booked for the same weekend next year.
Anytime my hubby and I are going to York for a day or two we will definitely be booking this hotel.
Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Room 3 was beautiful with a lovely four poster bed.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in York a few times ,
But this is by far the best hotel we've been in. Nice rooms ,good shower , fresh breakfast , 20mins to town or 5 on the bus which the bus stop is right outside
Carnt fault it

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very friendly helpful staff - nice clean room (17) with a spotless shower cubicle **** and ensuite facilities.
room had everything you needed for a B & B - bed, wardrobes, mirror, drawers, tv and of course the kettle and hospitality tray
Fantastic choices for breakfast - fast service and always with a smile

Thank you for sharing your home - we loved it.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room - very private
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Very quaint hotel , my room , room 21 was very small but very clean and en suite was good size. Very welcoming receptionist , found me a charger for my I phone as I had forgot mine. Good nights sleep after a very long drive . Did not take a full breakfast as I was in York for the York 10k run , but it did look inviting. The lovely receptionist even said that I could come back to the hotel after the run and have a shower , even though I had checked out . This was a lovely and most welcome gesture , plus I could leave my car there whilst running and after whilst I had lunch . Good value hotel , clean and comfortable , would happily stay again and recommend . Oh and by the way I ran the six miles in just under an hour ( I'm 54 and new to running ! )

• Stayed: August 2013