“Lots of room for improvement.”

The Web Adventure Park
Ranked #5 of 29 Fun & Games in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Web Adventure Park in York is a fantastic attraction for all ages whatever the weather! It is the home of Creepy Crawlies, Wired High Ropes and Little Bugs Childcare. The park has a huge indoor play centre with over 23k sq foot of fun. With a role play village, huge climbing frames, slides, sports courts, a ball canon alley, a disco room and our crafty corner, smiles are guaranteed from everyone! Outside, the park offers a huge variety of play equipment, a water park and various rides from go-carts to tri-bikes. In our park we have an animal area with furry and feathered friends. The park is also equipped with an award winning café so you can enjoy a coffee and cake or freshly made meal. For children of 7+ right up to adventurous there is a huge high ropes adventure course called Wired and our Summit climbing challenge attraction. The Web Adventure Park is also the home of Little Bugs Childcare, a popular nursery for 0 to 5 year olds.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Been using cc's for years , however the place appears to have gone a bit downhill. They have increased the play area and the number of tables.
The staff however seem unable to cope during busy spells with table clearing and cleaning. When we arrived we found a table but it was filthy and when I found someone and asked for it to be cleaned, the girl wiped it but ignored the litter,foodwaste and left over cutlery on the floor, what a state!
The temperature is as stuffy as ever all these kids running about, ventilation is either inadequate or poorly controlled.
£2.50 for a jug of squash (2 pints) is more than a bit cheeky. Same thing is £1.20 elsewhere.
The big slide does not appear to be very slidey at all! Most users are having to propel themselves down. Visited the same type of centre in hull last week and the difference is massive from the entry fee to the quality of the equipment (the slides there WERE slidey, almost as if someone had taken the time to polish them!!)
If you've got the time, in my opinion make a day of it and go to big fun in hull, everything is cheaper and the whole experience is better, it's the usual thing using the fact that its in york as a reason for charging expensive prices, the food certainally ain't cheap. Still ... Plenty people here spending money so maybe I'm in a minority but I have seen what else is out there and in my opinion for what you are paying here the end product should be better - MUCH better. I have rated the overall as very good as the kids really loved it but even they commented on the slide.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"water area"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

As we live in York we often take trips to CC' s with our little ones. There is always plenty to do to amuse them. The eating facilities are good and the pizzas are handmade and tasty. There is plenty of choice when feeding the kids too - healthy options are great. The facilities (loo and changing) are clean and well maintained. Best of all there's an outdoor play area and a mini animal park too.

1  Thank AngusMum
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had loads of fun high on the high wire on it it was a good job you have a harness on connected to another wire I would of fallen. Highest point was 8 metres

1  Thank Brad T
dunfs, Owner at The Web Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Glad you had fun on the ropes! It is very popular, but not everyone makes it round!!
Its isn't an easy course!
kind regards

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I took my 3 week old baby and my 1,4,7 year old. The 4 and 7 year old found it fun on the big equipment but my 1 year old lives it. My 3 week old loved looking at all the bright colours. But it is a but expensive and my children wanted to stay longer and it's a bit dirty especially the toilets. It was very busy and my baby wouldn't settle because of all the screaming children.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to treat our children on their holidays with a trip to soft play which we knew they would love as the weather was a bit gloomy. I thought the price was quite high, until we got inside and realised what you got for your money. The indoor soft play was amazing, with two separate areas for under 5s including a place to ride-on-cars; a brilliant bouncy castle type assault course, and a firing range. It even had a little disco area with mirrors and lights. A little area for pre-walkers tucked away near the huge slide. The food was quick and freshly cooked. Staff were young but professional. It felt spacious even though there were lots of people there. We were very impressed, especially as it had free wifi!
Then we went outside - to a further fantastic rope climbing wooden adventure play park - brilliant for 5 years +. And a petting zoo for any age. Perfect. Dads were having a go on the go carts, and again another great area for the little ones.
Really impressed - and not at all dependant on the weather as there is as much to do outdoors as in. A great place to visit.

2  Thank Choppette2000