“A new experience”

Wagamama
Ranked #241 of 902 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Wagamama york designer outlet is the place to rest post designer bargain hunting. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Visited restaurant with my family for lunch. The place was busy and we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table which was fine. There was a children's menu which was reasonably priced but I thought that the normal menu was a little expensive.
I chose the Chicken Firecracker - marinated chicken breast stirfried with mangetout, red hot chillies, red and green peppers, spring and white onions, fiery sweet and hot sauce, steamed white rice, shichmi, seame seeds and lime - for £9.75
My meal was a good size and tasted great.

My only concern was with the children's meals where i found that there was a big difference in the portions sizes from one meal to the next. My eldest daughter had the mini ramen which was a large portion, my son ordered the mini chicken cha han but this was tiny, my youngest daughter ordered the mini chicken katsu and this was a 'normal' sized child portion.

All in all I would go back again and recommend to others

There are newer reviews for Wagamama

Reviewed May 25, 2014

As a first time visitor to wagamama I left feeling quite impressed. The staff were friendly and knowledgable and the food was fresh and tasty. I'll will be making a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

First time we have eaten here and very enjoyable.
Would recommend this to anyone , very good service from the staff and very polite and knowledgeable about the menu.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We ate at lunchtime on a Saturday and didn't have to wait for a table. Free juice drinks for four which saved us £13 and was well appreciated.
The food was nice but not very hot, just warm otherwise I might have scored it higher. Very good value for money though for the platefuls we got

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Really enjoyed our first try of this chain offering and was genuinely very impressed. We visited at a busy lunchtime in a shopping center location during the school holidays but this all seemed like water off a ducks back to the friendly and efficient staff.
Liked the whole concept of food arriving fresh at different times because me and the hubby love to swap and share stuff. Not unlike ordering tapas for example.
The curry was superb and so were the pork dumplings. Looking forward to the next visit already and will mix and match even more....!!!!!!