“A fantastic attraction”

The Wheel of York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went on this attraction in the summer, the weather was gorgeous and the views were absolutely fab !! We loved it. Well worth it.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hated it but the kids loved it!! Pressed into going on this by my son (11yrs) who was too young to go on alone. We bought a combined ticket with the city bus tour and found it to be much better value for money. Queues weren't too bad even though it was the summer holidays. The wheel revolves round slowly four times though I missed it first time as I had my eyes closed! The views were amazing and I'm glad we took advantage of this temporary attraction. On the downside I found the stability of the pod unnerving as it seemed to sway quite a bit. Our pod also stopped at the very top of the wheel for far too long a period which bothered me a bit - still other tourists were given a good chuckle at my expense. As a keen photographer I took a few snaps up there but nearly lost my lens cap via the gap at the bottom of the door! If you really love your kids and they want to go on then you've got to do it, if you're a control freak with altitude sickness and fear of heights don't do it!

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were in York for the day sites seeing and shopping. The wheel has fabulous views and amazingly comfortable seats and very nice staff. We did not book a pod and they were still able to fit us in! Would defiantly go again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The wheel has now gone !!! But there is still plenty of other places to visit here in york.but if you come in car avoid lendal bridge between the hours of 10-30am till 5pm everyday, you will get fined £30 if you use it between these hours !!!

5  Thank Paul H
See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Well worth a trip on this slow moving 'Big Wheel' to have a fabulous view of the City and its surroundings. Audio is provided in the enclosed cabins to give local information to enhance your ride. You'll have to be quick though as it is not a permanent fixture in York.

1  Thank Peter K