“A Cut Above”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

There are some nice places to dine around Lendal Bridge and some tourist traps. Having eaten at the sister restaurant in York I'd been keen to try this one too. I'll not compare as each is slightly different but in common they serve great food in a lovely atmosphere. I found the staff here to be superb! You really can't go wrong with the two/three course menu. While other restaurants offer special deals and cut back on quality Rustique seems to maintain that high standard.
Highly recommend.

2  Thank Harbmeister

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited Rustique last week with family & we all really enjoyed it. We hadn't reserved a table & it was a busy Friday night but we were soon seated & tucking in to the very reasonably priced set menu! I had the breaded brie to start & the duck for main course - I would recommend both, they are really delicious.

2  Thank ellejoc
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Late lunch on a quiet Wednesday in York. Rustique on Lendal was literally deserted. However this did not stop the very friendly staff offering a warm welcome and attentive yet not intrusive service. I know Rustique is a bit formulaic French but the food was obviously freshly prepared and very tasty. I took advantage of the two course lunch for £13.95 which was great value. Rustique has a reputation for being very popular with locals and tourists alike and can therefore be very busy in peak periods. If you can, eat late or early, avoid the rush and wallow in the peace and tranquility.

1  Thank Malcolm P
Reviewed July 9, 2014

we spent a wonderful evening on my birthday a few days ago, the restaurant was very busy but the service was excellent, the staff very friendly and I enjoyed the free drink, the three course meal was excellent and the choice of meals varied and difficult to choose as they are all so good. I will definitely be going again and our guests from Oxford were very Impressed.

1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went to this restaurant on a Sunday evening. The atmosphere was very good and the food was good with an excellent (not very) set menu with very traditional French food. Most of the staff are French (or at least seemed so to me) and all were mad (in a good way!).