“A gem!”

Caffe Dell Opera 3
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant specialising in Sardinian Cuisine our dishes are freshly prepared in our kitchen by Sardinian Chefs using locally sourced fresh produce. Our menus change seasonally, we also have seasonal blackboard specials which change weekly, following the slow food movement We have an intimate candlelit dining area on the ground floor & a larger dining area on the first floor which is great for parties or meetings.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Chanced on this restaurant tonight, a great find. Beautiful food, very friendly service, chef went out of his way to oblige. Wonderful evening, thanks.
D & L, Aberdeen.

Fenella_13, Owner at Caffe Dell Opera 3, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review We are so pleased you enjoyed your evening I have shown Eduardo the Chef your comments it is always motivating to receive good feedback
I hope you will visit us again when you are in York
Kind Regards Caffe Dell Opera 3 Team

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Came here today (Friday) for lunch as I really fancied a pizza and I'm so glad I did. I had the calzone de la opera and my partner had the chicken and chorizo risotto. Both were delicious and exactly what we were looking for. The waiter was friendly and helpful and the overall visit was a true pleasure. When back in York I'll be coming back for sure. Thank you!

Fenella_13, Owner at Caffe Dell Opera 3, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review, so good to hear you both enjoyed your lunch,as a new restaurant it is important to us that our guests enjoy the food & feel welcome We are delighted to hear you will be back when you are in York again we look forward to welcoming you .. Thank You Again

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place on Saturday and im really impressed with the restaurant beautiful inside very nice decor . The service was very good . But food here is perfect I would like to eat everything at the menu ... me and my wife had cod cheeks what was very nice as a start and we both had pheasant with polenta as a main I can say it was the best game dish I ever had . For sure I will coming back to this beautiful place.

Thank you so much for your great review as a small team it means a great deal !
Eduardo the Chef is delighted with your comments about the food, it may take you a while to work through the menu as he keeps creating new Specials after his daily shopping expeditions, at least it won't be boring!
Thank you for the comments about the interior too !
We are so pleased to hear you will be back ... Just what we need as a new restaurant we look forward to welcoming you Thank You Again

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The comments we saw on tripadvisor plus on arrival those overheard from people dining around us were very positive, so I knew that we were in for a treat. The starters were well presented and on the large size :) The huge calzone pizza with bolognaise sauce, and the fish special were both lovely. We were too full for desert, but will go hungry next time! I highly recommend this place for great Italian food cooked well and served by attentive and polite staff. Most of the ingredients were sourced locally, which in my opinion is how all good restaurants should operate.

Thank you so much for your great review,we are so pleased you enjoyed your evening, the team are delighted with your feedback, we all need praise to keep us motivated !
I am pleased you agree with our policy of buying fresh local produce which also supports the local businesses
Eduardo the Chef buys seasonal produce each day & then uses that as his inspiration to decide what the Specials will be, it keeps the menu interesting
It also means that we can then order wines to complement the dishes, again from a local wine merchant
We are so pleased to read you will be back just what we need as a new restaurant so Thank You Again & hope to see you soon

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Spent a Friday night with work colleagues at this lovely little Italian in York. We were made to feel very welcome and the service and food were very good. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Thank You for the great review, we are pleased you enjoyed the food & the atmosphere, better still to hear you will be back again as a new restaurant we can't ask for more ... Thank You Again