“My new favourite coffee shop - chilled out atmosphere and yummy food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belles Bouffe

Belles Bouffe
Ranked #592 of 850 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
York, United Kingdom
“My new favourite coffee shop - chilled out atmosphere and yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

My partner and I made our third visit to Belle's Bouffe today and had another great experience. The first time around we had lunch: I had homemade quiche of the day which had perfectly crisp pastry and a lovely creamy filling; partner had a generously filled toasted sandwich made with bread from York's best bakery, Via Vecchia. Both were served with a well-dressed salad. The coffee had great depth and flavour, and the staff were very friendly too. We thought the prices were reasonable for good homemade, well-sourced food in York; walk 5 mins down the street to Cafe Concerto and you'll pay more for less.

Since that first visit we have dropped in for coffee and cake twice (lemon tart to die for! Would definitely recommend anything in pastry from here). Each time it has been relaxed but not too quiet and I really appreciate the quirky decor and the offbeat jazz music. It's slightly off the beaten tourist track so has a laid-back atmosphere, but isn't so far that you can't drop in while shopping in the centre. They also do take-aways and I've nipped in for some gorgeous coffee cakes on my way home. Will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank EvesAlexandria

york
“Great coffee and chocolate brownie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited here on a week day morning. Nice and quiet place to chill out. The decaff coffee was really good and the chocolate brownie was lovely. The food menu looked great. A nice place to sit and watch the world go by. It is inspired by eco-friendly design with lots of lovely touches. Would definitely revisit.

Cottingham, UK
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We made our second visit to this cafe because we liked it so much the first time. It has a lovely quirky interior and warm and welcoming atmosphere. The bacon and onion quiche was delicious with a creamy filling and crispy pasty. Tea is proper tea with tea leaves and strainer and not tea bags. Our visitors enjoyed the place too. We loved the tea cosies on the teapots.

York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly & Welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I visited Belles Bouffe for the 1st time with my 7 month old son yesterday. I found the owner and staff extremely friendly and welcoming, moving tables and chairs to accommodate the pushchair. I ordered a cappuccino and a very generous slice of chocolate brownie, both tasted delicious, served quickly and efficiently and good value for money. I'm shocked at the bad reviews I will definitely be returning and have already recommended Belles Bouffe to my friends.

York, United Kingdom
“Brillient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Visit this cafe all the time with my little boy and my friends and its fab lots of room for the pram. Always have coffee with salad or the open sandwich. Not sure why there are bad reviews but everyone I speak to love it guess people like to Diss places. I'm a big fan and awalys so welcoming. People need to remember home made food takes a while means it's not pre made but made with love and care.