“Highly recommended”
Review of The History Post - CLOSED

The History Post
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went on the History Post Victorian tour because we were looking for an alternative to the ghost tours that are offered in York. I am glad we found this because it was very informative and engaging. We also got to explore parts of York where we hadn't been before. The tour guide was very friendly and welcoming as well as being extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the history of York which is always a must for tours of this kind. If you want to learn about the history of York then this tour is the one for you.

1  Thank Ogdensflake
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The History Post tours provide an incredible insight into the history of York. As a student of History, I was impressed by the impeccable accuracy of our host, the hidden gems he uncovered, and his ability to answer any question with great detail. A potent mix of thorough academic research being presented with highly entertaining style proved a winning combination.

I would recommend the History Post to anyone. For tourists this is a must-see, and yet having lived in York for a couple of years now, I'm certain residents will find the tours equally unique and insightful. I would like to thank the History Post and its exceptionally well dressed guide for a brilliant and affordable evening, hats off to 'em!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group of friends and I had a tour from the History Post's wonderful Victorian traveller the other week and it was excellent!

If you're bored of the endless variations of ghost tours around York and you're looking for something fun, historical and genuinely engaging then I can't recommend these tours enough.

You get led around the city by a charming and charismatic guide, stopping off at keys points - the great thing about the victorian tour is that many of the things you'll be talking about are still there today! So it's not much of an imaginary leap to picture what things were like!

If this weren't enough, we found the tour peppered with interesting and obscure facts - these guys have clearly done their research. Our guide was accompanied by his ipad on which he had tonnes of original high definition sketches and photos of what Victorian York was like, really helped to visualise where you were standing!

Give it a go - you won't be disappointed! (thanks for the tour)

1  Thank 11LTT