“great day out”

6th Gear Experience Ltd Elvington, York
Ranked #6 of 22 Outdoor Activities in York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

it was sometime ago that we went on this but feel it needs a mention, i bought my son a voucher for his birthday/xmas and also one for my brother in law. we made a weekend of it and stayed over close by. we had a fantastic day, it was all very wel organised and all the vehicles promised were there. it was great that you could buy extra drives whilst there as my sister took avantage of this and so did my son. the instructers and drivers were great and my son had a fantastic time. the photos were great although quite pricey so make sure you take plenty of cash with you. recommended present for any speed freak. even as a spectator it was a good experience watching everyones face come back after the speed circuit by a driver.

1  Thank Alison S

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our family bought my brother the supercar double thrill (Lamborghini Gallardo and Ferrari 360 Modena) for his 40th birthday and, as I was doing the booking, I decided to join him for the day (Lamborghini Gallardo and Porsche 997 Turbo)... and so glad I did. It was a touch on the cool side but, for October in York, it was not too bad.
The day went like clockwork - checked in, demo lap and ready for the off ahead of our allotted time.
The cars were brilliant and the tutors were helpful, calming and, I'd say, really brave - I guess you never know who you'll be sitting next to! I don't believe either of us disgraced ourselves.
It is easy to 'top up' your event and, perhaps, a little too tempting but, that said, there was never any compulsion or pressure to do so. In fact, most of the pressure was from the family who came to spectate - so much so one of them was 'made' to take a hot lap in the Radical! That shut her up!
I expect we'll be back... very soon, if all things work out!
Thanks to the team - both before and during the event. A very enjoyable day for drivers and spectators alike.

1  Thank Adrian R
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very well planned, run like a military operation. Minimum waiting about. Cars were stunning !
Catering and good toilet facilities were available.
Professional !

2  Thank megosnaithGoole
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I bought this for my husband to drive the Aston martin vantage, he really enjoyed every minute of it wants to do it again. Was a really fun day out.

1  Thank Lynne B
SG54LAM, Director of Sales at 6th Gear Experience Ltd Elvington, York, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a few words. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

too short, too expensive, takes the ..... after you paid they then scare monger you into paying extra insurance, or pay the concequences if you have an accident, as they push you to go faster, so i didnt pay the extra and drove steady and didnt enjoy the experience needless to say. i have a fast car at home, i should have saved the money

4  Thank andy b

Thanks for taking the time to write a review although I'm sorry you did not enjoy your day.
With the greatest of respect I have to disagree our staff scare monger customers into paying the optional damage waiver. We simply offer this as an extra-just like high street car rental companies do much the same.
However I do hope you will return at some point and give us another go. Thank you.