“Very interesting and worth the money”

The Bloody Tour of York
Ranked #1 of 59 Tours in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6.00pm and 8.00pm .York has nearly 2,000 years of gruesome and gory history. Join your guide Mad Alice as she embarks on a journey around the city uncovering the truth. Hear the stories of murders, criminals, executions, blood-thirsty Kings and Queens. Learn the truth about history's most famous characters such as Guy Fawkes and Dick Turpin. This 90 minute tour tells all the tales that other tours daren't.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Mad Alice really makes this tour what it is - brilliant!
When we attended the tour, only me, my boyfriend and another couple showed up for it which surprised me as this tour was very interesting.

Don't expect a ghost walk if you go on this tour as it is more of a history lesson. We payed £5 each and the tour lasted an hour and a half which I thought was very good value for money.
Even though only four of us showed, Alice still took us on the tour and gave it her all, which I thought was excellent.

I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone, especially those with a interest in history like myself.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

It was an unexpected tour, very informative, very British. It was a fantastic performance and with her custom have brought me back to the medieval York!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This tour lasted about 90 minutes. We chose it as we wanted one that was suitable for me - I am an eight year old girl. Our tour guide was Mad Alice, she was really fun and knew lots about the history of York - especially the gruesome bits! This attraction did involve a slight bit of audience participation, but not too much to feel uncomfortable about. Overall an epic tour!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Right from the start you know you're going to have an awesome tour when you spot the arrival of Alice. Her costume screams a fun evening of history and her jovial personality backs it up. Her knowledge is impressive and delivers the darker history of York by interacting with her audience. There were only 3 others in my tour group, so, it was more intimate than your usual tour

Reviewed May 25, 2014

on a short trip to york, we wanted to do something different. The Bloody Tour of York was brill and only £5 each made it value for money.
Mad Alice involved all of us on the tour and made us LOL and very informative.

Quality time well spent, Thank Alice