“Sunday Lunch”

Mon, 10/14
8:00 PM
Ranked #93 of 1,068 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: York's best Steak House. Over the years we’ve raised a few eyebrows with our name, and many have said our interior is certainly quirky if not a little risqué, which we love as we want to be unique and fun. When it comes to the food and drinks we serve however; we are very serious... When we set about creating The Whippet Inn our aim was to get the best food produce we could find in Yorkshire and then pair it with real ales, lagers, spirits and wines from around Great Britain. Fantastic beef is our thing, offering you a huge range of breeds, cuts & ageing. Our A la carte menu has a huge variety of meat, fish & vegetarian dishes- so there is really something for everyone! We are open from Midday everyday serving our lunch & a lite bite menu alongside the A la carte or Sunday Menu. Our bar is an eclectic mix of Real Yorkshire Ales - right through to over different gins- we maybe small but we have used every nook and cranny to ensure we have an amazing range to offer our quests. All this
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friendly Attentive staff and absolutely delicious food
Highly Recommended
(Plan your parking it made us late )

Date of visit: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a reviewReviews (2,515)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited this Restaurant Saturday night Recommended it by a family member and I brought our Friends from London which was there first Visit to York.
Waiter very Knowledgeable about the cuts of meat and wines gave us superb service and the Food was divine probably the best steak I've tasted .everything we ordered was seasoned to perfection the place had a nice vibe about it .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I attended a 50th birthday party on Saturday night as a party of 16. We were crammed into a small room where we waited over an hour for an overpriced steak and chips. The steak was not as good as one I could buy for £3.50 from Aldi. The portions of chips and side salad were tiny. We sat down at 7 and were expected to vacate the room by 9!! Not a great experience. Will not be returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visit last Monday night , very pleasant surprise when entering, and the surprises kept coming. A 5 star meal was served course after course. 5 star service , 5 star food and 5 star atmosphere.
Wheres your Egon Roney rosette , you definitely deserve if not one but 5.
Thank you for a memorable food and evening

1  Thank Lee B
Martin B, Owner at The Whippet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lee B, Thank you very much for your lovely review- We are so pleased that you had a lovely time with us! I will pass on the feedback to the rest of the team & hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were very friendly and receptive. The food was OK. It wasn't piping hot which was a bit disappointing, but I had to run off asap to catch my train so didn't bother flagging it. It was my first roast dinner in ages so I still enjoyed it and would recommend it if you just want a fast roast. I'd say the price is a bit steep for what it is.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi tamj0rd2, Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we welcome all types of feedback to help us improve, however, I do wish you would have said something at the time as our staff would have been more than happy to help improve your meal for you! I do hope you will return so we can deliver our usual standard of Roasts for you!