“Super new venue”
Review of The Whippet Inn

The Whippet Inn
Ranked #33 of 874 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Whippet Inn, York's newest Steak and Alehouse.We have now been open for just over a year and very proud to have marked the occasion by by winning 'Best Restaurant ' in the Visit York Tourism Awards 2014. So far we have raised a few eyebrows with our name, and many have said that our interior is certainly quirky if not a little risque, all of which we love as we want to be unique and fun. When it comes to the food and drinks we serve however; we are very serious... When we set about creating The Whippet Inn our main aim was to get the best food produce we could find in Yorkshire and then pair it with real ales, lagers, spirits and wines from around Great Britain. Yorkshire beef is our thing offering you 28 day or 40 day aged beef but we have something for everyone, be it, lunch & a lite bite, dinner or just a drink in our bar.Our bar is an eclectic mix of Real Yorkshire Ales - right through to over 30 bespoke gins- we maybe small but we have used every nook and cranny to ensure we have an amazing range to offer our quests. All this is delivered with down to earth homely Yorkshire hospitality. Another of our aims was to create a place where our guests could enjoy themselves with friends over dinner or to have a relaxing drink in the bar , a kind of home from home
York
“Super new venue”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

A much needed steak house and bar. We are locals and will definitely be back. I world encourage tourists to seek this our as it's not on the beaten track, although central. Well done

“Marvellous!!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a hidden gem, newly opened and its amazing! The best streak house I've been to in a long time... The service was impeccable - the food was out of this world!

Even had a choice of vegetarian options and price wise is good value for money...

A taste sensation with a nice atmosphere - highly recommended....

“Best Steak in York.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went for dinner last night with my wife and 3 friends.
We decided to have a drink at the bar before we went to our table.
After some deliberation we all went for Gin and tonic's, they have a fantastic selection, so we all had different ones.
Our table was ready so we went and sat down.
We decided to have the 40 day old steaks which were amazing, truly the best steak I have eaten.
All cooked perfectly and the sides were sublime too.
Just the men had dessert.
Lemon cream tart perfect balance of creamy and sharp and sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce very moreish and dare I say it .....better than Sharrow Bay.
All in all a very good dining experience and we will be back.......soon.

2 Thank Pug55
York, United Kingdom
“Unique experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a table for Monday night to take my parents as we have recently become fans and they were keen to hear what we had been raving about. As my parents are farmers we booked to eat early arriving at 6pm my mum and I had a taste of the local lagers whilst we waited for our men who were running late as usual. We found the bar staff incredibly informative who walked us through their range of available drinks even offering suggestions that weren't listed on the menu. I settled for a favourite of mine being the French Martini and my mum had the Yorkshire Lager. We were guided through the food menu and again the efficient staff had more to offer than what was placed in front of us. The men went for the 40 day dry aged signature range of beef, a T Bone being the choice of my dad and a rib eye steak for my boyfriend. My mum chose the fish pie and I went for the butternut squash and sage risotto which I can vouch is the best risotto I have ever tasted. Our waiter wowed us his wealth of knowledge about the wines they had to offer and let us taste a couple of the wines which we couldn't decide between. We finished with my favourite here the chocolate torte with gold spray paint and a glass of the dessert wine. The whole experience was magical, a lot of thought has gone into every aspect of this dining experience, a thoroughly enjoyed evening was had by all and we will all be returning.

3 Thank BeefFarmersDaughter
York, United Kingdom
“Untouchable”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently went for dinner at "the whippet" and I have to say been a chef myself the steaks are untouchable no were in Yorkshire is selling or cooking steak to this quality!! You could eat them with a spoon they are perfect!! Fantastic choice of local ales and a good wine list. We will defenetly be returning.

2 Thank bfall