Chocolate Bar Cafe at York's Chocolate Story
Ranked #15 of 27 Dessert in York
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The perfect destination for chocoholics, the Chocolate Bar cafe compliments the York's CHOCOLATE Story attraction and telling the story of York's chocolate heritage. The cafe is open daily 10am - 6pm serving a deliciously decadent chocolate-themed menu.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Amazing Choctails and ice cream sundaes. My boyfriend loved the Terry's chocolate orange sundae and my Snozberry choctail was very 'warming' on a cold November night! Don't bother resisting temptation-it's too good to do so!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After being plied with chocolate around a fun and interactive tour of the York Choc Story, we had a craving that the cafe was destined to fill! A great end to the tour (I'd recommend going late morning so you are there for lunchtime!) there was an endless selection of sweet treats to gorge upon, as well as a few savoury dishes for those who don't have the tooth for it. We had hot chocolates that were divine and my mum also ordered a savoury waffle - great except that it took ages to come and they didn't put the bacon on with the blue cheese and black pudding....but they did give us the dish half price to soften the blow! Service let the place down a bit but other than that it was a lovely cafe that was perfect for chocoholics like me.

Beckie S, Marketing Manager at Chocolate Bar Cafe at York's Chocolate Story, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks so much for leaving us your review, I’m sorry to hear that the service wasn’t as quick as it should have been. We do indeed have a deliciously indulgent menu and sounds like you all enjoyed your treats! We hope that we’ll see you again the next time you’re in York.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you love chocolate then you will love this chocolate shop (other beverages also served). The menus is mind blowing. So if you need a chocolate fix eat / drink here. The staff are very jolly and helpful. If you have 2 or more hours to spare take the chocolate tour. We didn't so will have to go back. Prices a tad more than other coffee shops but worth it. My hubby says the Rocky road milk shake to die for!

Beckie S, Marketing Manager at Chocolate Bar Cafe at York's Chocolate Story, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Many thanks for leaving us such a lovely review and I’m delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed our chocolate-themed menu! We hope to see you back the next time you’re in York.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here on a Sunday afternoon. Had two delicious sundaes.. And a huge pot of tea. We were even given an extra pot of hot water to top up.. Excellent idea :) highly recommend even if you do not go on the chocolate museum/tour.. Yum

Beckie S, Marketing Manager at Chocolate Bar Cafe at York's Chocolate Story, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks so much for leaving us a fantastic review and we’re delighted that you enjoyed our sundaes. Don’t forget to pop back to see us the next time you’re in York for a chocolate treat!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went to the "Chocolate Story" and found the tour both informative and fun, the history behind the chocolate industry in York is amazing, the highlight of the tour for me was the demonstration with Andrew who is the Head Choclatier, he was extremely knowledgable and the demo of how to make truffles was amazing.
After the tour we went downstairs for a hot chocolate an I was so overwhelmed by the choice that I had to ask the gentleman who served me (who was called Chris and very friendly and nothing was too much trouble) for a recommendation and I went for the dark chocolate, it came with marshmallows and whipped cream and was excellent!
My only observation was that one of the party had tea and the young waiter served it and asked "do you need sugar" which is fine but in my humble opinion they should serve sugar as standard with tea/coffee, it can be awkward and it would have been an extra journey to the table.
I really enjoyed the visit especially the hot chocolate and I will certainly return!

Beckie S, Marketing Manager at Chocolate Bar Cafe at York's Chocolate Story, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thanks so much for leaving your review and it's great that you had a super time and would recommend us. I'm delighted that Kris did a great job and we'll let him know of your comments as to how we can make our service even better.