“Best Ice Cream in York”

Luxury Ice Cream Co
Ranked #5 of 26 Dessert in York
Description: Hi My small independent business recently received a Certificate of Excellence of which I am very proud. I am however totally overwhelmed by the kind and positive comments made by reviewers it is always a good feeling when others notice the effort we all here make to please and perhaps bring a little pleasure. For those of you who don’t know us well we started in 2010 with an idea based on a parlour we had seen in Barcelona. Our ice cream is made in Italian machines and based on Italian gelato recipes and ingredients and in the early days we had chefs come from Italy to give us training. Today we prefer to consider our product as Yorkshire Gelato as over 85% of it is made from the finest Yorkshire milk and cream. From the 30 or so basic recipes we started with we now produce around 230 different flavours with many being our own creation and unique to ourselves. In view of all the above I was disappointed to read the one or two less favourable reviews and I can only reiterate that we do try our very best. If, has someone commented they came late one afternoon when we were closing and could not sit in please consider that as food producers we have extremely strict hygiene regulations to comply with and all our equipment requires regular dismantling for thorough cleaning. The ice cream we produce is as far as a handmade product can be, a constant, and it would seem that overwhelmingly people agree that it is good! Once again thanks to everyone who takes time to review us we take all your comments seriously, this is not just my job it’s my life! I must at this point thank my wonderful staff and my loyal customers without which I simply wouldn’t be able to do it …… so one huge big THANK YOU!! Regards Dawn x
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Forget the rubbish that is sold all over York and go to LICC. If having lunch at one of the many good restaurants in the area do not eat a pudding - go to LICC.
Recommended by a friend we went on a hot day. Sat inside and ate cream ice cream (not sure the difference with vanilla) and blackcurrant. Absolutely beautiful. The cream was creamy. Portions big and prices reasonable.
Decor inside is quirky. Difficult to describe. Best to see it.
There is negative. It is opposite La Tasca. The sublime to the awful.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great ice cream shop. Wonderful selection and all looked so creamy and fresh. Perfect for a summer's (... or even a winter's) day.

Don't get suckered into the ice cream's and small shops around town... make the effort to try this place... its worth it!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been twice here in the last few years (I dont go to york often)
I enjoyed the ice cream so much that on my second visit to york I spent an hours trying to discover this well hidden wonder because it had been that impressive.

The ice cream here is AMAZING and the best ice cream ever...I've been to a few famous ice cream parlours and this is still my favourite. Lots of flavours to choose from and generous portions.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a lovely little place! I'm normally not attracted to such shops, but this great little place was open for coffee on a Bank Holiday Sunday morning and we had the pleasure of meeting the owner who is a delightfully friendly and chatty lady. It's a tiny place, tucked away on a back street but worth looking for. You'll have trouble keeping the kids away from the sweet jars though....

1  Thank TMcMurray_12
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

York's best ice cream!! Anazing prices, lovely staff. Cannot fault it. Imaginitive gelato flavours, cute surroundings and lovely gifts to buy as well. Tourists: skip the ice cream vans and long queues at Bettys... Indulge your sweet tooth at LICC!

1  Thank PYT_1990