“A great day out.”
Review of Cycle Heaven

Cycle Heaven
Ranked #7 of 22 Outdoor Activities in York
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent bike shop specialising in folding bikes. Ideally located in York train station, we provide a full workshop service and can treat any kind of bike. We also have a comprehensive fleet of bikes available for hire. If you fancy a ride but are unsure on where to go we can suggest routes and attractions to visit. Different bikes available to hire are as follows: 3 speed city bike with sit up a beg riding position. Super comfortable and relaxed although a bit heavy for longer distances. 24 Speed hybrid bike with solid 26" wheels. Rugged whilst being light and quick. Ideally suited to longer rides like the 'Way of the Roses'. Brompton folding bike. This compact light folding bike is designed for quick commuting. Ideal for journeys which involve a train, if you're limited on storage space, or maybe you just want to experience the ride of a Brompton.
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great day out.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We hired 2 bikes for a day from Cycle Heaven at York Railway Station. The bikes were perfect for our needs and on recommendation from Adam went to Benningborough Hall , in the complete opposite direction to our initial plans. Great choice and a lovely lunch suggestion . Paperwork took a while to deal with ,may be an idea to get hirers to fill in their own details , but all 100% otherwise? York is a wonderful place to visit , and to see via bike

1 Thank Rob5ChCh6

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A warm welcome with great service.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We hired bikes from cycle heaven at the station for two days following the Grand Depart and found the guys there extremely helpful and genuinely interested in assisting us to enjoy the area through the provision of maps of routes and making recommendations on suitable watering holes. We found the service to be good, reasonably priced and the bikes provided were more than suitable for our requirements. Being in York and experiencing great warmth and hospitality as part of Yorkshire's welcome to Le Tour was a fantastic experience and the guys at cycle heaven contributed to this. Thanks guys.
Marian and Graham T.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marian T
Lowell, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing service during the busiest time in York”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Thanks to Adam and rest for a great cycle hire experience. We were visiting York during the Tour De France and were so pleased to be able to hire bikes to look around town and visit friends while the roads were closed for the event. Such nice folks at both the York Station location and Bishopthorpe Road. Bikes were great and the locks were so appreciated. We rented the bikes for 2 days and had no problems. The shops also had a great selection of local bike gear - great for weekend warrior hammerheads like us!

Visited July 2014
Hastings, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Excellent Service and Provision"”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Today I returned the bike I hired for a month from Cycle Heaven. I can't speak highly enough of the actual bike, a Ridgeback Cyclone hybrid, and the service that the shop offered. When I arrived I enquired, hired and rode off with a minimum of fuss. Simplicity and speed of service was essential to me as I have been working here in York and I needed to be up and cycling without delay as time is at a premium for me. I was provided with a helmet and offered panniers and a pump. I was particularly grateful that the providers were able to give me security advice regarding places to park and not to park as I am not from this area. Having a high quality bike from a knowledgeable provider improved my stay here immeasurably. A big then you to all at Cycle Heaven and keep up the good work. I'll definitely be hiring from you again on my return! S. Marshall, Hastings

Somers, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Superb service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a bicycle to hire for a day or longer then Cycle Heaven is the place to visit. We needed bicycles for a Coast to Coast touring holiday, which were quite specific in order to match our height. Due to a last minute hitch with previously ordered bicycles we made a last minute call to them, hoping they could help. The service was first class. The bikes supplied had panniers added while we waited and were checked fully before we left the shop. A back up service was also provided if we needed help or service with the bikes. The bikes performed beautifully, so this service wasn't needed, but it was a comfort to know it was available.
Our trip was certainly memorable and due to Adam's help at Cycle Heaven's everything went off without a hitch.