“Yummy”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Reserve with OpenTable
The Raj is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Loved this Indian Restaurant. Authentic and beautifully cooked. Generous servings and really friendly staff. Lovely atmosphere too

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Recently stayed in York and had the pleasure of visiting the Raj and really enjoyed the evening from start to finish .
The home made pickle is like something we`ve never had before (some taste like a certain well known make from out of a jar) but not at the Raj.
we all enjoyed different tastes from curry through to a full Tandoori Chicken (this is a must)
All the staff were very polite and honest! due to forgetting and leaving an umbrella went back the following evening and yes it was safely reunited with us and did we need it what with the good old UK weather.

2  Thank Derek o
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Raj on 19.10.13 and thoroughly enjoyed the food. There was a good selection of wine and we were greeted by a lovely service. The place itself is very nice and the decor is spot on. The menu has a great variety to choose from and the wait for food was sufficient. Found the service itself slightly disappointing as, as soon as we had literally put our forks down we were offered our bill. We hadnt even finished our glass of wine and when doing so we felt as if we were being timed. Overall brilliant place, would just like a little more time to enjoy the atmosphere if we were to visit again.

1  Thank JS280912
rassal, Manager at The Raj, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

thank you for your review we are happy that you enjoyed your meal all I can do I sincerely apologise about the service you received where you say that you felt rushed I would like to point out that it was a very busy Saturday night and we had many bookings and as you did not book a table yourself we thought we could get you in and out by the time our bookings arrived.
we are sorry that this did not go to plan but my advise will be please book in the future as we are very busy popular restaurant

Reviewed October 20, 2013

a party of 10 of us dinned here great food good service and value for money.excellent chicken pathia and coconut rice is lovely

5  Thank Janet H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed in York in a party of 6 for the races. I checked out the Indian restaurants on Tripadvisor and picked the Raj , I was a bit unsure but I could not have been more pleased with my choice !. The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. We even got the meal brought forward no problem at all. We will definately go again and would recommend it to anyone

4  Thank 390derk2013