“The most interesting food, truly exceptional”
Review of Coconut Lagoon

Coconut Lagoon
Ranked #25 of 929 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run restaurant specialising in South Indian cusine. Our menu is suitable for vegetarians as well as others. Dosa and other popular south Indian dishes are our speciality and very popular with many of our regular patrons. Seafood delights like Crabs, Lobsters, & fish are the ones to try and tantalise your senses with.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure of going to. You wont get the usual balti, rogan josh, korma meals, these can be found in any number of other curry houses, in York or elsewhere for that matter, but you will find interesting, fabulous food, some of which will be very new to you unless you have had the chance of exploring South India. The food is all regional Kerala, and a fabulous menu is offered. A friendly owner managed team, two of whom are the chefs, two who manage customers. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Restricted menu at Lunchtime, however, a first class Dosa & delicious Thali, along with a superb salty Lassi made for a very enjoyable meal! Pleasant & informative service. We will return soon to try the full evening menu.

Thank Barrie and Juli... P
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Service and atmosphere in this restaurant were both very good but what made me want to revview it here was the food. Very authentic and a refreshing change from the regulation Indian restaurants found in the uk. Whilst slightly jealous of my friends' thali-style meals (something i have rarely come across over here) I picked very well myself with my chicken biriyani. It was just like the biriyani I had with my host family in India. Authentic, top marks!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

It was a busy and wet Saturday evening but we had good attention from staff and enjoyed sampling something just a bit different from traditional Indian food.
There is a big variety of dishes including some lovely prawn meals. Rice was really good too. Reasonable prices for food and drink. We will definately be back !

1  Thank 18Angieh
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant after a day at the races. It was recommended by my husbands sister
who lives in York. The food was really tasty, the staff very friendly and helpful and the décor of the restaurant modern and all very clean. Generous portions we couldn't finish so have what's left in the freezer to enjoy later, until we can visit again.

1  Thank Suzanne H