“May and Howard Beevers”

Coconut Lagoon
Ranked #31 of 917 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run restaurant specialising in South Indian cusine. Our menu is suitable for vegetarians as well as others. Dosa and other popular south Indian dishes are our speciality and very popular with many of our regular patrons. Seafood delights like Crabs, Lobsters, & fish are the ones to try and tantalise your senses with.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We LOVE this little gem in York and have tried numerous Indian restaurants in the UK! The staff are very friendly and try to help and recommend some of their regional dishes. We live close by which is GREAT for us! We have always had a Fabulous meal every time we visit so get yourselves there!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A Truly Indian restaurant, with usual classics, plus interesting regional dishes to try. I would recommend the lemon chicken to start it is incredible, when i pick up a take away I order three between the two of us.The coconut rice dish is a must to try as well. Unusually for chinese or indian restaurants they really cook seafood perfectly here.

1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having travelled India myself and my boyfriend were over the moon to find a restuarant in York that tastes like the food we had there. We ate mainly vegetarian including masala dosa's (amazing). The service is very friendly and attentive and the food was very reasonably priced. This is now our go-to Indian! Fantastic!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. Excellent service, delicious food & good value for money - what more can you ask for! I look forward to returning with friends

Reviewed June 14, 2013

myself and my husband first tried there about 4 months ago.and i have to say its the best tasting south indian ever..the staff are always there to help you, my husband likes vindaloo s.. so when he asked them for a very hot curry , it was the hottest one ever...i would reccomend it to any one its fab.

1  Thank paula112