“Different concept!”

Cuisines: Sushi
York, United Kingdom
“Different concept!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This isn't your average restaurant. Its quirky and different so go in with an open mind! Service can be hit and miss as sometimes they are under staffed but normally extremely willing and helpful staff. I'd recommend going on either a Sunday (Sumo Sundays - all you can eat from the conveyor for £19.50) or on Monday (Blue Plate Monday's - where everything on the conveyor belt is £2.40 per plate) otherwise it can work out pricey but the quality of the food is what you pay for. Fresh, well presented and tasty! I reckon this place is a bit like marmite - you'll either love it or hate it. I love it.

• Visited February 2013

bridlington
“lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

day out in york found this restaurant,interesting bright enterance.met by very enthusiastic waitress who found us a great seat where we could watch the chefs.the food travelling around looked appetising if not strange.we had a lovely experience and more people should give it a try.

• Visited February 2013
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been twice in the last month. The first time it was busy but quickly found a place. A reasonable selection of dishes circulating. Service for drinks and miso was slow. Quality is ok but nothing to get excited about.
I got the impression of being about 50 years too old to be eating there.
Second visit and the place was nearly empty. Selection of dishes was dismal. Tea and miso were luke warm at best.
Ginza it aint.

2 Thank PickyDinerYorks
E.Yorks.
“Fun concept but poor customer service”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Visited recently as fans of the Yo Sushi concept.We were the only table in at first so kitchen banter was loud and staff very relaxed. We often order a katsu curry, however on this occasion it was cold so we sent it back only to be sent a barely lukewarm one. The waitress informed us that it wasn't supposed to served hot and that the chef would explain it all to us if we wished. This despite katsu curry being featured in the HOT CLASSICS section of their menu requiring you to place an order precisely because it is a hot dish. Anyway, we declined that offer as we had come in just to chill and take some limited time out. Really, the last thing we wanted was to enter into a discussion with the chef. We then noticed the chef talking to the Manger who was looking in our direction but rather then come over to check everthing was OK, there seemed to be a lot of laughing and staring which made us feel uncomfortable. So do watch out, as beneath the fun facade of conveyor belts and colour coded dishes, you may receive disappointing customer service if any real issues do arise.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank amuse-bouche20
Yemassee, South Carolina
“Beware of the offer of vouchers”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant yesterday as my 10 year old is a big fan. Having had a an expensive afternoon in York my only concern about Yo Sushi is the cost as despite the food being good, some of it I feel is a little overpriced. Anyhow before we sat I asked the girl who greeted us if the jan 40% offer was still on which she replied it was. She said I should have an email with a code. I said I'd find it and check first as I only wanted to come in if the offer was on. I located the email and code and asked if I had the right offer and she replied I did.
With regards to the restaurant, the wasabi pot and spoon was sticky with what I can only assume was the previous customers sticky fingers, the pot of ginger the same and there were only a few pieces of ginge fleet. The first 4 small yo sushi dishes were dirty and we had to discard them.
We then waited 15 mins for plain white rice, had to ask twice for chicken Goya and the whole staff thing felt very confusing. Having eaten at the Leeds Harvey nicks branch this felt like a very different experience, but that is not to say the staff were not helpful, they were and the food was good, not great.
The icing on the cake was when I went to pay and they said the coupon/code wasn't valid, despite the conversation and verification above, the waitress said she couldn't do anything about it but was sorry. I informed her I would not have come in and had said exactly the same thing to the first waitress which is why we had dined here. She said the best she could do was 25%. We took this but I was clear I was not happy and I cannot believe someone does not have such discretion to have honoured the deal. If I'd complained about the food I wouldn't have paid as is our right as a customer. Having my son there made it more complicated, but she did nothing to budge. I've taken the managers name, but do I write to raise this issue or will I again be fobbed off. One thing is for sure I will not be visiting again. So check your vouchers At the till first before sitting down.

• Visited January 2013